April 27, 2024, 10:19:03 PM

News:

quick detach hard bags ?

Started by LilBill, February 26, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilBill

has anybody seen, used or heard of a good solution for quick detachable hard bags ? i have a regular oem hard bag set with brackets and although the bags themselves come off easily the brackets remain on the bike. what i'd like to come up with is a system where the whole mess comes off without all the hassle of unbolting the brackets.

Old Crow

Haven't seen 'em myself, but another forum I frequent talks a lot about Ghost Brackets.

http://www.ghostbrackets.com/
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

easyricer

On a few of my earlier Bobbers I had some bolt down brackets that I made. I left studs in the rear fender that I just put acorn nuts on. Looked great with or with out the bags. That was before the Ghost brackets were invented. With a little ingenuity you can transform your bike from cruiser to all out bagger leaving minimal hardware behind. I do it all the time.

EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

LilBill

a buddy of mine has a luggage rack on his softail that uses those ghost brackets. i can see how they'd work up top but how about at the bottom ? maybe i can drill holes and weld some nuts on the inside of the fender mounts and make up something that resembles the stock mount that i can bolt on easily ?