Got my call back from Ultima, thanks to Brian's extra effort

Started by gryphon, February 26, 2009, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gryphon

Got a call early this morning from Brian over at Mid-West (Ultima). Apparantly the number I had been calling was for the wrong department or something at Ultima. He got a call from a friend in florida who told him that there was a guy (me) on this board who had been trying unsucsessfully for days to contact Ultima with some questions. He joined the board, at least long enough to post a reply with his number. I do really appreciate his extra effort to get in touch with me. He was able to answer my questions and everything is good again.

ceduby

Beat it to fit, paint it to match

Porkchop

That's great news thanks to Brian.  I run an 100in in a older flht and have been happy (good bang for the buck)  I know that keeping cost down has it's draw backs when it comes to customer service.  Has ultima or midwest ever considered a dedicated web site for the motors/transmission questions.  Should be fairly cheap considerding once its posted then that question would help others. 
I'm guessing they already thought of it and ruled it out for some reason or other. 
Anyways I'm glad they took care of  you.
PC

Gun Powder & Women, live by one, die by the other and love the smell of both!

Reddog74usa

gryphon, Sorry for the bougus number info for Ultima.  :embarrassed: It was the one I had. Thanks to you we now have a good contact number. I may be needing it for my Ultima 113 build.  :wink:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

IronButt62

I am putting in a 113" right now.

Any issues that I should be aware of? 

I know $3500 is a good deal, but it still choke cash for me. First new motorcycle engine I have ever had and I dont' want to "F" it up.

Mama would not abide a big dollar mistake at this point considering how gracious she was to let me get the engine.

Deet

jclark311

Ironbutt, I have had a 113 Ultima in since 2003, no issues other than a small Rockerbox leak. Its a good motor, I just dont run synthetic anymore, I run dino 20-50, and change it every 2k.

Buddy WMC

Well I called Brian yesterday morning to get some information on purchasing some cases for my 100" build. Got a voicemail, left my numbers and so far, no call back. Leaving for Daytona later this morning a coming back on Monday, so maybe they are there as well. We'll see what happens between today and later on next week.

Brian

Buddy WMC I have not received your message. Please try my number again or call Matt at 314 773-3064. He is head of the Ultima Warranty Dept. & the Motor Rebuild Dept. Matt answers most calls in the early afternoon from noon to three.
Thank You,
Brian D.
Midwest MC Supply

Buddy WMC

Brian,

Got your message while in Daytona and called Matt yesterday at the number posted. Left a voicemail and Matt returned my call within an hour. We discussed my case issue and Matt provided me with the Ultima case bore ID's. That prompted a call back to Andrew at Revolution to get the ID of the case bore needed for my Revolution Cylinders. I received that answer from Andy and placed another voicemail back to Matt to confirm we can go that far and am awaiting his reply.

We basically need to know if there is enough meat on a set of 3 5/8" Ultima cases to bore them out to 4.010. I need to stay with the stock HD bolt pattern in order to use my Revolution 3.875 Cylinders and retain my current ported SE heads.

Thanks,
Buddy