May 09, 2024, 09:28:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

WetHead Build

Started by Billy, October 28, 2013, 02:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy

I don't know if it's finished, but I believe this tuner is done with it. It's still there, 12" of snow the other day, now the roads are wet with sandy and salty water.

He sent me these 2 charts. I think it still needs work between 2200-3500 and above 5400...

Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

1FSTRK

Quote from: Billy on January 13, 2014, 08:15:57 PM
Quote from: 1FSTRK on January 13, 2014, 08:10:36 PM
What did you end up with for a clutch set up?

Used the SE VPC. Looks identical to the AIM, except the weights are a different color.

I think this is part of your problem down low on the graph. Ask for the run file or a graph of the gear ratio.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

joe_lyons

This is the issue that I had brought up earlier but it was dismissed as over exhausting.  The VP is a good setup from 3+ with a stock spring but it has less PSI then it did stock below 3k rpm.  Look at this pic and it shows that.  The different leverage point alters the overall pressure applied like the ''clutch wiz'' does.  It probably will not slip from 3500 on because of the way the VP works.  A view of the gear ratio would let us know for sure but it looks like the issue to me but it is still looks like a decent running bike.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

1FSTRK

February 01, 2014, 06:24:56 PM #203 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:27:40 PM by 1FSTRK
Good information Joe. I believe both conditions contributed and still exist. The new pipe did not totally cure the exhaust flow problem but helped enough to make he clutch problem worse.

It would also be interesting to see the timing curve and if any is being pulled at the hit of the throttle.

Billy

I sent an early stock spring (.071) with the pipes for the HD shop to install, not sure if they put it in or not. I will ask for a gear ratio chart and post it if I can get it.

I sent TR the first set of charts I posted, he thinks the timing needs to be addressed between 2600-3500, and above 5000.

Nobody has ridden the bike since the first tune, due to weather and road conditions, but hopefully soon will get a riding impression.

Thanks 1FSTRK and Joe.

joe_lyons

Did you hear any more news or get any charts?

Billy

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on February 04, 2014, 05:09:51 AM
Did you hear any more news or get any charts?

I sent him a request for a gear ratio chart, waiting to hear back. Thanks

Billy

Joe, I got this note with the chart.

"Really don't think there is a clutch issue. The spike as soon as the sampling starts is from the compensator and belt/isolators catching up."

joe_lyons

Looking at it in rpm scale tells a bit more. But it still looks like something.

rageglide

Maybe he will send you the run file?

joe_lyons

Yes the runfile would make things simpler.

1FSTRK

Quote from: Billy on February 04, 2014, 07:07:14 AM
Joe, I got this note with the chart.

"Really don't think there is a clutch issue. The spike as soon as the sampling starts is from the compensator and belt/isolators catching up."

As far as the gear ratio graph goes I would be more concerned with the 50-80 mph portion of the graph as well as the fact they sent a mph scale rather than rpm.
If you do get your entire run file you can look at all the information it contains. At this point I would be surprised if they did any ecm data collection during the run so seeing if timing was being pulled would be out of reach.
I do not think this cam pipe combo is going to be one that jumps straight up at 2000 rpm but I would bet there is a bit to be gained with some fine tuning and attention to details.

Billy

While I agree some fine tuning may make some slight improvements, for now he's gonna put some miles on it when weather permits, and then address any areas that may be problematic.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.  :beer: :beer:

Bagger

February 05, 2014, 06:42:09 AM #213 Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:44:10 AM by Bagger
Interesting thread, especially comments about exhaust recommendation.