May 08, 2024, 01:48:22 AM

News:

What's your favorite beer?

Started by Skullfork, February 26, 2009, 08:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truck

Whatever you do, don't go anywhere near this beer! That is if it is even available anymore.

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

PoorUB

Quote from: Evil-Eagle on February 26, 2009, 08:21:23 PM
...what's your favorite?

:teeth:Free! :teeth:
Miller Light here, but it really makes little differance as I don't drink much alky anymore. There is a case of Miller, a couple bottles of hard stuff in the closet and the beer will last me 6 moonths, the hard stuff a couple years
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Dakota

MGD in a bottle but don't drink too often----like it too much when I start :smilep:
Experience is something you get right after you needed it.

stroker800

You have to admit the Canadians know how to brew beer,,,so in that thought go with the oldest brewery in North America and enjoy a fine Molson product. Whether its Molson Golden or Canadian and for my friends at the shop Molson XXX. I also enjoy a Brama now end then,,one of those add a lemon type south of the border beers.
Dave

buck1032

Favorite beer- Boag's from Tasmania. But since I cant get it stateside I prefer Guinness which I cant afford all the time. So more often than not I keep a 12 pack or so of Miller Lite in the beer fridge in the basement. Also when I ever feel like I'm missing Texas I pick up some Shiner Bock.

apendejo

Quote from: tireater on February 27, 2009, 11:45:54 AM
I have an IPA fermenting in the bedroom...A Sierra nevada clone on the way...What kit should I buy today...?
I am getting away from drinking Bud...I love the way my place smells ...
The g/f is not happy about getting booted out to make room for beer.
Hey Andre,
Can't go wrong with a porter or stout. Where you getting your ingredients from?
AP

greenshovel0014

lotsa bud light...but enjoy guinessand sam adams esp sam irish red.  but the best beer i have had Is made a brew houses. john harvard In harvard square.  cambridge mass. fresh Is best

egstandard

God is this informative. 60 replies on beer and counting

shovelmonster76

At the Mexican restaurant it's Modelo or Corona with lime, If at the Japanese steakhouse it's Kirin or Sapporo. If it's when fishin it's Bud or Nat light. (we drink a "lot" fishin) gotta be cheap and light. If at home it's Michelob or Sam Adams or whatever looks good when I'm going down the beer aisle. Got a couple cases of Bud left over from a party in Beer fridge right now. I'll try anything once....or twice. Love the German stuff and the dark homebrews. Hell, I like it all. Free and Cold have got to be my favorite though. :beer: :beer: :beer:
Watch out for those Alligators

tipdog

My dad would go moose hunting in ontario canada ,and he would bring back RED CAP ALE it sure tasted good to a 14 year old,or it was the guzzling to keep from getting caught,that all came into good knowledge when we went off to college.We also partook of STROHS       TIP

charley992002

Well let's see, normally at home it is Natty Light, at the bar is Bud (not light), while overseas it was Kirin (Japan), Sapporo (Japan), San Miguel aka San Magoo (Phillipines), Black Swan (Australia).  When I am the mood for German beer, Shiner Bock from right here in good old Texas, Becks and St. Pauli Girl (I like the blonde on the bottle) the beer ain't bad either.   :beer:
Charley, N. Texas

tireater

AP...I do not have a favorite as I got 3 kits from 3 places...The closest shop is 35 miles and ain't much....
Where do you suggest a beginner buy complete kits..I'm sure I will move up to the fancier stuff soon.....
Just cooling the wart now getting ready to pitch the yeast and go for a ride.... :beer: :up:
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

harley00STC

this is like a thread on "oil" or "tires".   :cry:  But what the heck...

In the winter it's a dark beer, Guiness or  Deschutes Obsidian Stout

In the summer, it has to be much lighter (but not a lite beer - what's the point) Corona, Landshark, and sometimes even a Bud.   :beer:

Showdog75

If any of you folks ever make it to Chattanooga,Tennessee make sure you check out Big River Grille and Brewery. There Sweet Magnolia Brown Ale is outa this world. Lately I've been digging on there IPA . I like all beer but my latest favorites are Sam Adams Scotch Ale and Fort Collins Brewery Z Lager.Ashville ,NC has the French Broad Brewery if your ever on the Blue Ridge Parkway drop off and check the place out. Great beer.

Showdog75

For all the folks that dig Corona you should check out the Corona Dark. I've been told you can only get it in Mexico but not sure about that.

Panzer

Putting a lime wedge in a beer bottle never turned me on. :down:
If it's so good why doesn't the brewery add it.
Me, I'm a man....give it to me straight up.  <<< no remarks about that.
Corona is for pu.........well sissy's and I'll drink to that.  :beer: :smilep:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Fugawee

Hear! Hear! On the Miller High Life. I like it.....

crazy joe

jimrookie

taz95dog

right on panzer,i like fruit and i like beer BUT not together...taz... :gob:
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

Tre_11 FLHX

Don't drink much now days. But when I did I loved Kulmbacher Kapuziner Wheat Beer and their Eidelherb pilsner beer.  I lived next to the factory/distributor for 6 years in Duetchland. http://www.kulmbacher.de/en/klbag/index.php
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

aquaman

February 27, 2009, 07:36:34 PM #71 Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:59:16 AM by aquaman
"Putting a lime wedge in a beer bottle never turned me on"

Do you also eat hot dogs dry?  What about hamburgers?  Grilled Chicken?  I agree it ain't for everyone but a little added flavor in your beer or on your meat makes it complete.  IMHO, YMMV.
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock.
Will Rogers

apendejo

Quote from: aquaman on February 27, 2009, 07:36:34 PM
"Putting a lime wedge in a beer bottle never turned me on"

Do you also eat hot dogs dry?  What about hamburgers?  Grilled Chicken?  I agree it ain't or everyone but a little added flavor in your beer or on your meat makes it complete.  IMHO, YMMV.
Beer ain't meat, it's better than that.
AP

Odin

HIPPO

I like lots of different ones, but this is what I drink all the time.

Bridgeport IPA, when they dont have it, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Shiner Bock.

http://www.bridgeportbrew.com/#/our_beers/