May 08, 2024, 12:29:45 AM

News:

What's your favorite beer?

Started by Skullfork, February 26, 2009, 08:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullfork

Here ya go Panzer ...a new general topic  :teeth:

Even though I don't drink a lot, I do love beer, especially the wheat ales.  Blue Moon and Shock Top are my two favorites.  I also keep a case of Busch Lite in the garage fridge ...what's your favorite?

specialx1

long as Panzer pays is all that counts :beer:
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

Sportsterboy

Have several "favorites".....Shiner Bock, Busch, Boulevard Wheat, Dixie.....Haven't seen any Dixie since Hurricane Katrina, but I hear it is being brewed now in Wisconsin.  Just haven't been able to find anyone carrying it, or able to order it.  :emsad:

codyshop

Guinness (although it's not a beer), Anchor Steam and Stella Artois when I've got cash, Bud when I'm poor.  Ray

82fxrstroker

Dawgtired

"Old Thumper" Ringwood Brewery, UK. A dam good  :beer:
Dawg

JamLazyAss

I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Scotty

Rugby_fxdwg

1996 80" Wide Glide 10.5-1 85HP/85Ft; 1999 Ultra 95" 6speed; 1989 FXRS

dablaze

I 'member when I lived in your wonderful country...a pocketful of change bought 4 of us a couple of sixes of Billy bear or Red white and Blue beer at the drive through likker store window in Warner Robins, Georgia, and we still had enough to cruize in my buddys '68 mustang or my ole Tradesman 100 van (supposedly owned once by Greg Almond...it was sure set up nice, the whole back end was a bed) then we would go and start "leefing" the mailboxes or hooting at chicks as they came out of the roller rink...

I know that Billy Beer was bad stuff, but its my favorite memory of beer.

For taste...theres a micro brewery up here in Ontario that makes a beer named Creemore...there is nothing better.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

FSG

aquaman

Widmer Bros. Hefeweizen is as good as it gets.
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock.
Will Rogers

Admiral Akbar

Stone makes "Arrogant Bastard" which is pretty good as is their "double bastard" Also like Spaten's dark bock.. Max

Molly

Do you have Corona beer in the US? Smooooooooooooooooooooth.

Hate cheap, harsh, sharp, nasty beer. Can't stand Bud either (sorry - just offended an American institution there maybe?).

Lots of nice beer in NZ though they give it the generic name: 'piss'.

Clintster

Here in the Cleveland area we have a micro brewery, Great Lakes Brewery.  They have a seasonal beer the Christmas Ale, only sold one time a year. They brew it, it is sold til it is gone and there is no more til next year.  It is expensive for beer, for me anyhow $10.99 a six pack.  Well I treat myself with the stuff, one or two six packs a year, share it with a friend or two.  Well this year I was on a medicine, I just could not drink while taking this stuff.   I wanted that beer so much I tried ever so carefully to take a couple of sips, no way, an awful feeling set in.  Well anyhow I am coming off the medicine and there are twelve cold ones in the ice box, may have a couple this weekend.  If you are from Cleveland or have had this beer, you would understand, it is the "Potty mouth".  Normally a Heineken or Great Lakes Dormunder Gold, or if on a budget a Michelob light or want something light.  I want to try that beer the folks north in Minnesota are always talking about.  When we were kids it was Genny Creme Ale, throw the empty seven once bottle at stop signs.  A twelve pack and a large bag of nacho cheese Doritos. That was a big Friday night cruising in Bobby Gaylords four door Nova.  Yep that pretty much covers beer this morning, how long does the delete function work...
Drive fast, take chances

Fxstchewy

For Cheap beer = Natural Light, Guinness or Sam Adams if i want something with good taste.
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

mayor

hands down:

when not available any one of these fill in nicely:

although, thruthfully just about any beer is good beer.  Not a big fan of stouts though (Guinness, Murphy's, etc.)
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Big Dan

I haven't drank for a long time, but the best beer ever was good old Miller High Life. The Champagne Of Bottled Beers.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Skin

A cold American Beer does quite nice for me at the end of the day.

Billy

The only time I like beer is in the HOT summer, then an ICE COLD Silver Bullet in the bottle, chug the whole thing followed by a long loud BUUUUUUURRRRRRPPPPPP. AH! Now I feel better!
Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

DarrellV

Draft beer is my weakness and well maybe chicken wings too.

I like any beer siting in front of me really  :beer:

GLFLSTCI02

Quote from: dablaze on February 26, 2009, 09:45:57 PM

I 'member when I lived in your wonderful country...a pocketful of change bought 4 of us a couple of sixes of Billy bear or Red white and Blue beer at the drive through likker store window in Warner Robins, Georgia, and we still had enough to cruize in my buddys '68 mustang or my ole Tradesman 100 van (supposedly owned once by Greg Almond...it was sure set up nice, the whole back end was a bed) then we would go and start "leefing" the mailboxes or hooting at chicks as they came out of the roller rink...

I know that Billy Beer was bad stuff, but its my favorite memory of beer.

For taste...theres a micro brewery up here in Ontario that makes a beer named Creemore...there is nothing better.

Craig

My fav is Pilsner Urquell, the Creemore is not bad beer, I like the riding in Creemore better than the beer though. :wink:

Gene
"Gee Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night" June Cleaver

70weight

Only two kinds of beer I like...cold and free  :beer:
Can't drink all day if ya don't start in the mornings.

marc

Lite beer is verboten...I would rather drink water...I only drink dark beer... I like Guinness on tap and Yuengling Porter in bottles...Becks dark isn't bad either...

Panzer

The post about beer is a hit. 
As I see it, (stay with me on this) there's a lot of beer drinkers here, I for one.
But, have you noticed not one micro brewery of brewery itself has asked for a "bailout".
Way to go gentleman, support our breweries.
Mmmmmm.....food for thought on buying stock in a couple major breweries.
Nothing like an ice cold beer at the end of a hot day.  :beer:

I'm with the "Mayor" on this one. :up: :beer:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.