How to use a SE pro Super Tuner for IDIOTS

Started by BUBBIE, November 13, 2013, 07:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUBBIE

September 18, 2015, 08:36:34 PM #125 Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:11:50 PM by BUBBIE
Quote from: joe_lyons on February 20, 2014, 05:17:08 AM
Not doing smart tune on the dyno is absolutely dumb.  A. Controlled temp. B. Ability to view rear afr. C. You can properly control load for all rpm ranges  D.  No possible way of breaking roadway laws due to speeding.    I guess I don't understand why those guys even have a dyno if they don't use it but mabie its because they do not know how to.  In the words of my priest "Run to the hills, run for your life". :)
Others may have other ideas but this I think is a decent afr table to use after smart tuning

Joe,

Looking at My old thread and see something I want to try... Your above Settings for open and closed Loop...

I see your MAP has an 85 where as MY MAP has a 75 instead...

What do you suggest to do when I Copy to MY MAP (kPa) Having NO 85? (Wing-it?) :hyst:

or just go straight across and do it like it Stands....

Here at 4400 feet like GMR said...... "Doubt if he'll see anything above 70    85-90 kPa on any good day...

I'm going to Just try this in my 009SAH002-01.dt0  (2010-11) or should I try it in the Other stock MAP I have?  #205UH005.dt0 ? ( '09)

PM sent to Joe_Lyons for an answer...

signed....BUBBIE

Corrected what GMR said....  :nix: don't know where I got the 70 number 90 was meant...

Hope Jim comes back... His Box is FULL so Hopefully... :SM:
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

strokerjlk

Look at a wot data log and see what your kpa is .
If you truely only see 70 kpa . Then you want it in open loop at 13.0 like joes 100 kpa , because that would be your WOT kpa . You would never hit 75 kpa with your reasoning so you would set it at 13.0 also .
I would like to see you log and see what your actual Kpa range is .

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

BUBBIE

Jim,

Corrected information.... GMR said 85-90

signed....BUBBIE

joe_lyons

Then yes make 85-90 13.0. I would not use the cal made for 2010+ in a 2009 bike because of the o2 sensor heaters.  Use the 205 cal and go from there.  I would just keep closed loop from 40-70kpa.  The closed loop section on the far left at 20kpa was a oops on my behalf as I like to have as lean as possible before the bold numbers pop up.  Jim is right in that a log of some spirited riding would give us a good idea of where your idle, cruise, decell and heavy load KPA is at.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

whittlebeast

September 19, 2015, 08:43:19 AM #129 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:30:20 PM by whittlebeast
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/Atmospheric_Pressure_vs._Altitude.png

Keep in mind the the altitude is in meters.  But at any given altitude, that chart will come real close to giving your WOT MAP reading in a log.

For example Denver is close to 6000 feet or 2000 meters.  Find on the bottom 2000, move up to the curve and then over to find 80 kpa.  In denver, you will never get over 80 kpa.

Hope this helps
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

BUBBIE

Thanks for the above link...

Looks like I'm about strong 80-90 like GRM said...

signed....BUBBIE

strokerjlk

Quote from: BUBBIE on September 19, 2015, 12:42:20 PM
Thanks for the above link...

Looks like I'm about strong 80-90 like GRM said...

signed....BUBBIE
if you data log you will know what you're actually dealing with.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

BUBBIE

Trying the again... 009SAH002.dt0...

Need to check the VE values for my bike on this tune.

So far the bike runs Great and looking at the Running Graph after tune in the bike, Looks good on all fronts I can see nothing jumping out. Timing functions pulled and advanced seem good on Revs... I do like the SE pro off road tuner and the PC program. Glad I have it...

I'm not looking for Perfect, just a good running 103 and I think I'm happy with the latest settings. I have had it set close to here before from a Dyno tune using this program... got lost in the stupid screwing around I did and Improper saving it out of bike.

Copy of the AFR modified table below...

signed....BUBBIE

Checking mileage on Longer runs and more normal riding= 44/46 best

BUBBIE

Posting the REAR VE's working on the 009 tune... to compare with the AFR changes I made. (thumbnail above)

To me? they look ok... No starving I can tell,  giving more than 100 at the needed times. Correct?

signed....BUBBIE