April 28, 2024, 01:06:52 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

"Hey" from the Green Mtns. of Vermont

Started by hillcat, November 17, 2013, 04:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillcat

I found out about this place through research.
I've been riding for a long time but this is only my second Harley. I owned an old Ironhead years ago.
I now have a 1990 FXLR w/25K mi. It has 42mm Mikuni, SE air breather, drag pipes and Andrews EV27 cam.

I am changing out the bars and hope to put some decent suspension on it. The roads around here are nice but the road surface conditions are rough.
- John B

Breeze

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledgeable folks here.  That's a nice looking FXR, will look even better with some different bars.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Maddog

No "Potty mouth" someone else from VT where are you out of???  Capital city here  Welcome to the forum!! :beer:

hillcat

@ Breeze - Thanks, I can already tell that this forum has a wealth of knowledge and good people. I know a lot of people like the apes but I can't seem to get used to them. Old dog, new tricks kind of thing I guess. I got some Night Rod(?) bars that are pretty low so now I'm going to get some 6" risers w/pullback and then measure for cables.

@ Maddog - Thanks. I am in Windham. Crazy weather lately, huh?

Maddog

It sure is I had to work Sat should have taken the day off!!  Sunday was so so  Buty Monday wasn't bad the forecast doesn't look good  so,,,,,,,,  My SuperTrapp should be here Tue But i dont hink i will get a chance to try it on the street yet?????    Ha I had 13 apes on my Dyna  took them off for T bars,, an fell in love again! :pop: