May 02, 2024, 04:25:21 AM

News:

ignition

Started by glenf, February 27, 2009, 07:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenf

I have a 98 dyna-glide, crane cam, fre-flowing intake and exhaust. I believe the cam sensor failed. Would it be best at this time to go single fire or just replace the cam sensor? Mostly two-up riding, packed for trips. Would it be of any benigit to replace it with single fire? Any recommendations on which kind of single fire, and what problens might be involved in the change over would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Geno

springer-

No problems to swap it out.  Very easy install.  The Crane HI-4 single fire kit is a nice unit that is easy to use.  Comes with a single fire coil.  Other units like the Dyna 2000 or DTT are also good and easy to install.

I personally like the single fire ignitions.  Some will say it doesn't make a difference but I have done some extensive testing back in the 90's and it makes a difference.  Some of the kits use the Dyna dual coils and there are some nice brackets made for them (Vulcan Manufacturing??, Manchester NH).  If the engine is stock the Black 5 ohm Dyna coils are fine.  If it has increased compression, the Green 3 ohm coils would be a better choice but they are ugly (green) and the epoxy doesn't take paint very well.

wfolarry

I have the Crane HI-4 in mine. Like Springer said - works good. Easy install.

ramv102000

Randy

stroker800

I like the dyna 2000 single fire or the Vulcan makes a deceent set up,,,,

Dave

Buddy WMC

Might still be some hope for you Crane guys. My drag racing buddies tell me that Mikronite is part of the Mr. Gasket conglomerate that owns numerous aftermarket automotive speed equipment suppliers. Let's hope it all works out as I was thinking about swapping my Dyna 2000 out for a HI-4.