May 09, 2024, 07:17:08 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

103 C.I. in 1997 FLH

Started by dubepj, December 01, 2013, 03:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubepj

I have a 1997 Flh Classic that's carburated.  Got a line on a 2011 103 C.I. engine with only 2000 Km on it.  Could I install it in my bike and switch to carb if I keep all my carb componants.  I've done a 1997 Road king F.I. to carb conversion with good results but this may be beyond my abilities if it even fits in my frame and would it bolt up to my primary?? Maybe I'm just dreaming.  Thanks.

Wicked

Will not bolt to your primary and top motor mount is in another place...

dubepj

Thanks Wicked
I'll Keep the old 97 stock. 

bigpete1

to many issues putting new motors in these old chassis to make worth it .thanks pete

koko3052

Anything can be done...if pockets are deep enough & you have enough patience,,, but I would not go there! :banghead:

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: dubepj on December 01, 2013, 03:58:55 PM
I have a 1997 Flh Classic that's carburated.  Got a line on a 2011 103 C.I. engine with only 2000 Km on it.  Could I install it in my bike and switch to carb if I keep all my carb componants.  I've done a 1997 Road king F.I. to carb conversion with good results but this may be beyond my abilities if it even fits in my frame and would it bolt up to my primary?? Maybe I'm just dreaming.  Thanks.

Won't mate to your driveline for one, but if looking to spruce up the power of your 'ol reliable 80"er, there are many options that work very well.
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"