May 02, 2024, 02:11:07 AM

News:

AFV's and open loop

Started by 07heri, December 07, 2013, 12:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

07heri

The way I understand it is that the closed loop areas will affect the AFV's in both the open and closed loop cells.  Does this mean that the AFV's will still come into play if the tune is completely open loop?  The reason I'm asking is I was curious if someone ran a couple tanks of gas in full closed loop, allowing the AFV's to set up (after the ve's are as close as they'll get).  Then ran an open loop tune without resetting the trims.  I prefer open loop everywhere except freeway.  Bike seems to run fine closed loop at the MAP and TP for freeway but likes 14.0 everywhere else. Would not resetting the trims have any negative or positive outcome when reloading the tune in open loop?     
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

rbabos

Quote from: 07heri on December 07, 2013, 12:11:33 PM
The way I understand it is that the closed loop areas will affect the AFV's in both the open and closed loop cells.  Does this mean that the AFV's will still come into play if the tune is completely open loop?  The reason I'm asking is I was curious if someone ran a couple tanks of gas in full closed loop, allowing the AFV's to set up (after the ve's are as close as they'll get).  Then ran an open loop tune without resetting the trims.  I prefer open loop everywhere except freeway.  Bike seems to run fine closed loop at the MAP and TP for freeway but likes 14.0 everywhere else. Would not resetting the trims have any negative or positive outcome when reloading the tune in open loop?     
TTS will reset the AFV each time you reload the cal, or you can clear it with datamaster. When you take your closed loop cal and reload it to open , basically you waisted all that gas in the closed loop since values get reset.  The whole map needs to be in open loop to stop the AFV influence. Anything under 14.6 works.  PV allows you to run open, closed together since the AFV can be switched off in a table. There is also the option to either reset the fuel trims (AFV) or leave it as is when a cal is loaded.
Ron

07heri

Ron I was just wondering if the AFV's did a little correcting while running closed loop, would leaving them in place and then reloading open loop be a negative or positive.  I'm now using the PV and resetting trims, or not, is an option.  So why not let the AFV's stay where they are and then reload in open loop.  if those corrections saved in the AFV table are still a player in open loop wouldn't the tune be a little closer to perfect? 

I can see resetting them if you made changes and still running closed loop.  BUT why not leave them as they are and run it open loop (if someone likes open)?  The AFV's made some correction to the VE's right. 
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

rbabos

Quote from: 07heri on December 07, 2013, 05:16:19 PM
Ron I was just wondering if the AFV's did a little correcting while running closed loop, would leaving them in place and then reloading open loop be a negative or positive.  I'm now using the PV and resetting trims, or not, is an option.  So why not let the AFV's stay where they are and then reload in open loop.  if those corrections saved in the AFV table are still a player in open loop wouldn't the tune be a little closer to perfect? 

I can see resetting them if you made changes and still running closed loop.  BUT why not leave them as they are and run it open loop (if someone likes open)?  The AFV's made some correction to the VE's right.
Sure, with PV just leave them if you like if the bike runs good. In my case I had to reset them to keep the bike running right. That's why I disabled it, since my open loop corrections were being reverted back a condition where the bike started to skip and jerk in light loads. No since with months of operation.
Ron