May 09, 2024, 04:07:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hi from Caifornia via Afghanistan!

Started by divercal, December 15, 2013, 09:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

divercal

Hi All,
I was a member a couple years ago and my account got swept away so I am back.
I am a contractor in Afghanistan at the moment but hope to be back in Calif. early next year
Here are my bikes....

The first one I just scored off ebay    1990 FXRS

These next two are 1969 Triumph Trident  and 2004 FLHT

let me know if you can click the images and that they enlarge...the net nannies here wont let me expand the images.
I tried it on the test page and couldn't enlarge them.. If you also cant enlarge them I will try another image host.

thanks and thanks for all the forum information, really enjoy this forum and learn alot!

FSG

Quote..the net nannies here wont let me expand the images.
I tried it on the test page and couldn't enlarge them.. If you also cant enlarge them I will try another image host.

There are no net nannies here so I suggest you try a little harder or ask for assistance.

Paniolo

Hey where are you in the 'Stan? I've been on Camp Phoenix for the last 6 months. Prior that that it was a year in Bagram.

Where are you from in California? I'm from Los Angeles, Westchester, near LMU.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

divercal

FSG -
I meant net nannies in Afghanistan - I think you misunderstood me. The problem is on my end of the net not HarleyTechTalk....
When ever I click on one of my images I get redirected to a Saudia webpage which says"
Dear User,
عفواً، الموقع المطلوب غير متاح.
Sorry, the requested page is unavailable.
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
إن كنت ترى أن هذه الصفحة ينبغي أن لا تُحجب تفضل بالضغط هنا.

لمزيد من المعلومات عن خدمة الإنترنت في المملكة العربية السعودية، يمكنك زيارة الموقع التالي: www.internet.gov.sa

If you believe the requested page should not be blocked please click here.

For more information about internet service in Saudi Arabia, please click here: www.internet.gov.sa

divercal

Hi Paniolo,
I'm at Camp Bastion. Been here since March. Civilian.
Im from Rohnert Park  Sonoma County
Happy Holidays!
ED

FSG

ED,  OK, how/where did you get the code for the images that you have posted? 

divercal

Hi FSG
Thanks Ya I got the code from http://postimage.org/

Did you have any issues bringing up my image? I am guessing no problem because you or harley tech talk isn't
here in the middle east.
Here in Afghanistan the internet traffic is filtered by the network for different reasons that they think
are unacceptable websites. I have lots of problems going to certain websites like brownells and some other
gun sites and other harmless sites that trigger the filtering. It has nothing to do with harley tech talk.
I can try another image hosting site I just tried that one cause it came up in a search.
Thanks and happy holidays. By the way i can usually open any of the images posted by forum members

Paniolo

Divercal,

If you're using NiPR net, yes, the military filters block a lot. In my room with SniperHill or Etsalat cell phone I run HotSpot Shield and it allows the viewing and access of "prohibited" sites and images.

Mark
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

divercal

thanks no worries.
im on hughes net ...its just that way
I think my pics post I just can't select them after posting...
I'll prolly get another hosting site for the heck of it

Happy Holidays!!

divercal

divercal

nope dang it it worked on the test page lemme try this

harleywern