April 27, 2024, 08:50:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

B2 heads

Started by bladerunner, December 18, 2013, 09:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladerunner

First let me say I`m not addicted to horse power , I can go back  to stock any time I want to .....
    ..........but not yet

Some of you my remember I hit the high 9`s  last fall at the strip . ` 02 dyna 124 S&S super stock heads , 640 cam D carb  burns exhaust .   I am just at the 150 hp mark . I want to get to 170 .
So  How good are the B2 heads out of  the box ?  Will they support this without port work ?   675 S&S cam ?  I think they will need work for the lift of the 675  ,other cam suggestions ?   I have been investigating on the old interweb  and there are   dyno charts all over the place with a varity of results . I will build another custom exhaust if necessary .  . ... thanks for your thoughts   
................bladerunner
Erie , pennsylvania

HD/Wrench

Take a look at the  124 challenge engines for the 124 AHDRA class  . That is a Big fin B2 head and we did a couple of them some time ago now. both made in the 165 range with out much work. Gives you an idea of what can be done. With some mods there is more power on tap.  Those ran the 640 cam.. Some like the 675 others do not. 

Pork chop wheels are great for racing but for street use.. 

You can get there  :up: 

prodrag1320

I ran B1 heads on a 106" softail I built about 20 years ago.made high 130`hp wise & ran mid 10`s with a crap tire,(spun thru 3 gears)
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/veetwin1/100_2060.jpg

wfolarry

B2 heads & a Redshift 715 made 170 HP for me.

bladerunner

Quote from: wfolarry on December 18, 2013, 10:56:56 AM
B2 heads & a Redshift 715 made 170 HP for me.
Besides the adjustments for the higher  lift  was other work done to the heads  ?
                          Not asking for any secrets             :teeth:       
Erie , pennsylvania

jam65

How much compression would you like to run? And just an off topic question, what does your bike weigh? I'm running the 675 with lots of compression and getting a little over 150hp on a 117" with 110 heads.

bladerunner

Quote from: jam65 on December 18, 2013, 04:15:24 PM
How much compression would you like to run? And just an off topic question, what does your bike weigh? I'm running the 675 with lots of compression and getting a little over 150hp on a 117" with 110 heads.
Well I want to use the onboard starter.  How much compression does the 675 like ?
                        Bike weighs 505 lbs 
Erie , pennsylvania

jam65

With the S&S 675EZ cams, I'm running 13.85:1 and using the stock starter with no problems on a hot or cold engine.
Sounds like you put your bike on a hell of a diet.

bladerunner

Quote from: jam65 on December 18, 2013, 05:12:05 PM
With the S&S 675EZ cams, I'm running 13.85:1 and using the stock starter with no problems on a hot or cold engine.
Sounds like you put your bike on a hell of a diet.
Yea  I still call it a `02 dyna  , but the only thing  orig,  is the tank
                                                 and frame             :teeth:
Erie , pennsylvania

Merc63

I'd say you're going to need some good port work and lots of compression to hit 170.

I had a slight comp increase and some port work done to my B2s, also did 1.725 rockers on intake to get a bit more lift out of the 640cam. When I ordered the engine I said I wanted to hit 160 and that's what they did at Star.

If you do go ahead with it, it would be awesome to get before and after flow numbers on the B2s.
2000 Dyna
126" S&S