April 28, 2024, 02:20:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

"Rite on Time" timing tool

Started by snapon8, March 01, 2009, 02:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapon8

Will the "Rite on Time" Timing tool work on a stock 1992 Harley EVO 1340? I'm getting conflicting information  from the catalogs.

95FLTCU

Taken from thier website:
QuoteRite On Time Products and Rite On Time Tool Manufacturing are divisions of Bayview Custom Motorcycles Ltd. We manufacture and distribute tools and motorcycle related accessories. Our unique, patented timing tool is the ultimate solution for timing 1970-1999 H.D. Big Twins with open plate ignitions. Applicable to electronic ignitions such as Dyna STM single and dual fire, CraneTM single and dual fire, MalloryTM Dualfire, and Original CompufireTM ignition modules. And for traditionalists, it fits all points ignitions with an open plate ignition. The ability to access the end of the camshaft through the plate ignition is a must.

Don...
Don...

96dynabagger

When in doubt, use the contact page on their website.
They know best...

snapon8

The first thing I did was go to their website and have not heard back from them. Secondly, I guess I need to rephrase my question - not understanding the terminology of an "open plate ignition". Is a stock Harley 1992 EVO 1340 considered an "open plate ignition"?