May 01, 2024, 10:37:10 PM

News:

"Roll Me Away"/David Mann Art

Started by djl, March 02, 2009, 12:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djl

A while back someone posted a link to a video/audio clip of David Mann art strung together with Seeger's "Roll Me Away" as the audio back drop.  I have searched and searched but can't find it and am not sure if it was posted here or in the General section.  I would apprciate a re-post of the link. I thought I saved it but apparently not.

panhead_dan

Tireater posted that, as I recall.

Coyote

Sonny S.

Not what you were looking for but here is Dave Mann's site.
He was the chit !!  I've got tons of original centerfolds. Several on my garage walls, and boxes of Easyrider magazines. I started collecting Easyrider mags when I was 13 in 1979. I've got mostly 1975- early 90's...the mag went down hill....imho

http://home.att.net/~knucklehead-47/dmann.htm

tacojunkie

Sonny, How about posting some of muthers coloums, they used to crack me up.

Reddog74usa

Bought my first copy in 74 it was number 17. Still have it
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

djl

Sonny S.

Quote from: tacojunkie on March 02, 2009, 01:59:38 PM
Sonny, How about posting some of muthers coloums, they used to crack me up.

Miraculous Mutha  :up:

I just grabed Sept. 1977 #64 , scanned Mutha's page.....then read it. It will get deleted if I post it  :wink:

Coyote

Quote from: djl on March 02, 2009, 03:01:18 PM
Quote from: Coyote on March 02, 2009, 01:02:47 PM
A quick search

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=5377078

Thanks Coyote.  I started to post here but could have sworn I saw the first post in the TC forum. 

It was but the topic fairy moved it. LOL  :teeth:

Dennis The Menace

Re: Easyriders, yeah its gone down hill.  Wish I had kept my copies, but never thought I would miss em.  Oh well.

Roll Me Away is one of my favs, as is David Mann and David Uhl and Dave Barnhouse.   Sounds corny, but I get lost looking at their work....I can spend an hour on one piece.

menace

calbyker69

Funny story. I bought my first Easyrider in 75 when I was14, then started collecting back issues along with every current issue up untill the late 80's. I had a complete collection and had them stored at the folks house as I was driving over the road that whole time. One day I got in town and walked in their house and Mom handed me $50. With a giant grin she announced "that was the biggest sale we made at the flea market and it's all yours!"  Yeah I was a little P O'd at the time but it made for great jokes for years. I have to agree that it's not the same magizine, but from the fact that they are bringing back a lot of the same old stupid jokes maybe they are trying to be. :emsad:

ST40

I agree that Easyriders pretty much sucks compared to the 70's and 80's.  I quit subscribing a long time ago. The occasional copies I pick up these days usually only keep my interest for a short time. A big disapointment is the custom bikes that are usually un-ridable in my opinion.  I still dig out an old copy when I get bored.  Way more entertaining than the current trend.      Marty
Marty

ST40

"Roll Me Away" is hands down my favorite riding song.    I saw Seger in concert in Denver 2 years ago.  We also saw him in the hotel where we were staying.  Actually rode in the elevator with him.  I wasn't quick enough to realize it. He's aged a little.  So have I!  There was no doubt a few hours later when I saw him on stage. Awesome performance!                                                :smiled:       Marty
Marty