Wife said I could build a BIKE....don't laugh

Started by bubtrauma, March 02, 2009, 02:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubtrauma

I have had an engine in my garage from my 94 FLHTC and the wife asked what I was going to do with it? SO. I said someday I hope to fulfill a dream and build a bike.  :teeth: SHE said, well, why don't you? Guz there are a million other things that the money should go to before I build a bike. Well do as you please she said but if you don't get started on it soon you will never do it. :wtf: Well I stood there and said who are you and what do you want are you divorcing me. Apparently that wasn't the right thing to say. SO I went to my Bike shop cycleboyz.com and they JUST happen to have a kraft tech frame 180 tire 13/8 tubing 35 degree rake 8" up stretch and 4" on the back bone AND it had a 58mm inverted front end with a 5 degree rake. Wow, I couldn't not take it.

So now I don't have room in the garage to do it so the wife said why not build it on one side of the basement WHICH she cleaned up for me so I could build a stand to work on it. AGAIN I asked who are you.

Well now I'm am an official amateur BIKE Builder. I just hope the wife never wakes up ...... lol. And yes I checked all her hiding spots and found no DRUGS just the usual "chocolate".

I know it will take a few years to complete but it should be fun.......

I will post the pictures as I go

Bub

dave_9113

Sonny S.

Man if she does happen to divorce ya... give her my #.... she's a keeper.
BTW... if she get's the bike I'll take good care of it...lol   :hyst: :hyst:

jd8181

if my wife told me that she would probably never see me again but in bed and when it's time to eat. oh wait i do about all the cooking so forget that, unless she started doing it.
2003 Night Train 95" SE Pistons, S&S Cams, Hooker's , SERT, etc....
What's Next

Clintster

Drive fast, take chances

76shuvlinoff

They're all sisters    :cry:

.......Said totally in jest!  TOTALLY IN JEST!!!!!
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

JamLazyAss

:cry: All the good answers have been taken...  :cry:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Dennis The Menace

hmmm....The Wife tells you to build the bike...finances be damned....not in the garage, but basement which she cleaned for you.....seems she wants you kept busy while she is out playing!?!  I would be suspicious, but thats just me.  lol

Seriously, sounds like a fun project. Pics!!!  Gotta see em.

menace

Panzer

Clinster took my answere............what's the mother look like?
Best I could do.  :smilep:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

bigpete1

i went thru this a few years ago i built a bike with the wifes blessing it was to be a project you now how that goes once you get started and you get aroller then you need a driveline and sheetmetal and paint and 5-6 different sets of pipes to try and sooner than later you got it it out in garage runnin ,and the wife says i thought this was a project ,my wife knew something was up when i told her meet at the harley shop with the checkbook ,and then they carried my new motor to the truck ,following weekend i found tranny ,needless to say the project bike only took a couple months,so good luck with your new build ,petekeeper there     

bubtrauma

I will keep ya all posted thanx for the comments. btw sorry no sisters.

Bub :teeth:

Gonzo

If ya flip 'em over on their bellies, they ALL look like sisters! :smilep:

Rags722

Just keep waiting until the other shoe drops... You know, "maybe you should move the bike to the garage so my mom can move into the basement".... or "honey, how upset would you be to find out we might be having a bi-racial kid" ... or " I may have screwed up mailing in last years income tax return" or  Ok, you get the picture.  The day my wife starts doing that much for me, I'm hiring a private detective.
Rags