May 02, 2024, 12:24:49 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Anyone using speed bleeders?

Started by Jim Bronson, March 02, 2009, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bronson

I've always used a mity vac, but these seem like a better way.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

gaillarry

I've used them on several bikes, simple and quick to use.
1992 Heritage Softail Classic
Ontario, Canada

darrelbarrows

i put speed bleeders on mine a few years back..Makes it so much easier to bleed..

Clintster

I like them easy to use, did the fronts last year when replacing the line.  This year I'll put one on the rear, just replacing fluid.  Don't dread dinkin around.
Drive fast, take chances

Princess Butt

They're fantastic. After I used them, I dreamed about them every night for a week.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

FSG

I like the idea,

but prefer the poor mans simple speed bleeder.

Big Dan

Garf,
I use a similar method, only I run the tubing from the bleeder screw into a jar with some clean brake fluid in it. Pump the brakes until there's no more bubbles, close the bleeder, remove the tubing, top off the fluid in the reservoir, and done. Probably takes me all of ten minutes to bleed a caliper, and zero mess.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Hybredhog

Used them on my old '66 scout after a complete ground up brake job. Did the bleeding all by myself in about 20 minutes with dot 5. She may look like chit, but shes' build to abuse, like a $5 whore...Jeff

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

02roadcling

Sad news from me.  :embarrassed:
Yesterday I dropped my Mightyvac in a drain pan full of used oil  :angry:
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

baldoldfxr

the non return valve out of a car windscreen washer pipe also make bleeding brakes easier, specialy if you are tight

FSG

Quote from: Big Dan on March 03, 2009, 06:56:14 AM
Garf,
I use a similar method, only I run the tubing from the bleeder screw into a jar with some clean brake fluid in it. Pump the brakes until there's no more bubbles, close the bleeder, remove the tubing, top off the fluid in the reservoir, and done. Probably takes me all of ten minutes to bleed a caliper, and zero mess.

Dan, yep I do the same, but only posted the pic of the tube, band & cling wrap.   :teeth:

02roadcling

Quote from: Fatboy_SirGarfield on March 03, 2009, 12:03:59 PM
Quote from: Big Dan on March 03, 2009, 06:56:14 AM
Garf,

Dan, yep I do the same, but only posted the pic of the tube, band & cling wrap.   :teeth:

cling wrap? YIKES!!

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington