May 05, 2024, 01:44:04 PM

News:

Saddlemen or Mustang Seat?

Started by Skybobber, March 03, 2009, 03:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skybobber

What seat would be better? looking for looks, comfort and durability.

Thanks!!!

Sky
People who say money is the root of all evil, doesn't have any!!!

92flhtcu

I'm 6'2" and 215#, I have the Mustang Regal on my Ultra, was not really unhappy with the old original, just thought I'd try a new one. Like it alot, have had several all days in the saddle days, 500 to 800 mile days, no issues with me, but you are about to find out that there is  a seat for every a**
Also allen at Meancity Cycles does a great job of making your stock seat much more comfy, he is on the board here at times and is well spoken of
Rob
Need a bigger garage

gryphon

One of the nice things about Mustang seats is that if you buy it directly from them they let you try it out for 30 days first. I you don't like it they'll take it back.

psyco369

fxr4mikey

I've got a Corbin on my bike .... just about 13K miles on the saddle ..... wouldn't trade it for any other saddle ... I tried two Mustangs, sent them both back.
Didn't like the looks, the fit on the bike, or the way I sat higher on the bike

Really like my corbin
80" EVO - FXR4
SE Heads w/Adj pushrods
.030 HG Wood W6 Cam HSR42 Carb

Naear

+ 1 for corbin really happy with my corbin saddle ive had it for three years
my old le pera was pretty good as well..

gryphon

Funny, I ran a Corbin for about a year. They told me that as it broke in it would become more comfortable. It looked great but after about 13,000 miles it still felt like I was riding on a 2x4. Transmitted every bit of vibration in the bike right into me. My mustang was comfortable from the very first day. It's been on there now for a lot of miles now and it's still a great seat.

IronButt62

Been through a bunch of seats on my Softail and on an Ultra I had for about a year. Always came back to the Saddlemen Explorer. Fits me just perfect. The missus was partial to the heated dual tour on the dresser, but it's gone.

That being said, it's a very personal choice. All the advice on the forum doesn't mean jack when you sit on it for the first and it's just not right.

Dennis Kirk has a liberal return policy. Short of a vendors booth at a rally, it's probably the best way to try things out without making a huge investment. Sometimes there are incredible deals to be had on their closeouts.

Deet

Blazing Saddles

Every butt is different - plus your arm reach, style of bars, inseam length etc. etc.  I've used a Mustang wide Regall Touring on my '92 FXSTC for the past 13 years - that's right 13 years.  Yea, it's a bit of a "tractor seat" but it's comfortable.  I figure I've put on at least 130,000 miles and it has never had me squirming or uncomfortable. Needless to say I've gotten more than my moneys worth!!!!!

Blazin'

Caper

Mustang...on the 91 Sporty,,, still looks new...on the 90 heritage....still firm..and there weather proof too...wipe it off ,n yer azz is dry... and they stay that way...JMHO

Skybobber

Thank you guys for the info !!!!    :up:   Just wondering how many of you has or has had both the Mustang & Saddlemen?

Sky
People who say money is the root of all evil, doesn't have any!!!