May 08, 2024, 02:15:02 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

harley 2.5" slash cut muffler baffles

Started by stevea, February 22, 2014, 11:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevea

Hey guys, need help from the pros. Picked up some old Evo Heritage parts, ('92') including a complete exhaust, with Harley slash cut mufflers, however there's no baffles.  I've been goin' blind tryin' to find ones that fit. The rear muffler has the "Harley Davidson" recessed in it , 2.5" OD, approx. 2.335" ID, 18.25 overall length along the backside, 14.25 along the front. Don't want to run them open for; 1) don't want the noise, & 2) loss of backpressure. I'd like the low, throaty rumble if possible. New multi-hundred dollar system is not an option. Any help, hopefully with a make & part number would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks, Steve.

Dogbone45ACP

Take a look on Cycle Shack Inc. website. They have several styles of baffles.

Mark222

Take a look at big city thunder.

Nice deep tone.

Mark

Breeze

Quote from: Dogbone45ACP on February 22, 2014, 12:05:00 PM
Take a look on Cycle Shack Inc. website. They have several styles of baffles.

I recently bought some Cycle Shack Baffles for my Screamin Eagle slip ons. Good baffles for $50.
Do your slip-ons have two holes for screws to hold the baffles in?   I ask because not all Screamin Eagle slip-ons have removable baffles, but some people gut them anyhow. 
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.