May 01, 2024, 07:01:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HANDLEBARS

Started by the Grump, March 04, 2009, 09:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Grump

I am very particular when it come to handlebars. Just bought another set, there alright but not what I want. I like not too high, not too pulled back and I like them wide. Hardly anybody has the specs listed. Why is that? So, we can buy set after set until we finally get lucky? Anybody know of some that list the specs?

98roadking

Wild Ones list the specs, I believe J & P cycles does also.

ClassicRider2002

Grump~~

What bike are you trying to fit handlebars to?

......and you are absolutely right.....handlebars are a miserable experience to get right......I went through 4 sets before getting the right ones.....and of course some bikes when it comes to handlebars are much easier to figure out as well.....The problem is most things don't feel that bad when you put several up for testing like some do at say Sturgis where you take your bike and they let you try to get a feel while sitting on your bike.........but you never know how everything will work without taking a 300-500 mile ride two days in a row.....that's how you will know.....unfortunately the rest of the process is just guess work.....

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

seattledyna

I put about 50k miles on my old bike with Chubby 508's, thats why I decided to put them on the 09 RG, for me they are perfect, hands fall right where I need them, the bars let me sit up straight (meaning less back aches on a long ride).
Yes Wild Ones has exact specs on their site as well as lots of pics of different bikes with their bars installed.

http://www.wild1inc.com/index.html

MMOCGuy

If you don't have any luck with J&P (They list the specs on some handlebars), try the below link:

http://www.flandersco.com/

That will take you to Flanders Co. home page. Click on products then handlebars then American Motorcycles. You will get pictures of the various handlebars. When you see one that looks about what you want, click on the picture and it will take you to the specs for that particular handlebar. I'd bet that you can find what you want on that site.

Flanders Company has been around for over 50 years supplying handlebars and cables. In fact, you can buy the parts from them to make you own custom cables. :up:

Anyway, hope this helps.

Norm.