May 02, 2024, 02:09:49 AM

News:

Race Tech for RK forks???

Started by starrider, March 04, 2009, 01:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starrider

March 04, 2009, 01:33:12 PM Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:40:18 PM by Starrider
Hi Guys...i think i am bottoming out on the front forks on the 03RK...it rides ok on smooth surfaces until i hit a rough spot...then bam...!

If i can solve this with just changing with flesh fork oil...fine...25k on the clock now.

How ever has anyone use Race Tech (springs) and their golden emulators (adjustable diaphram oil valves)...like to get some feed back?

Yes...i know a lot go just Progressive springs...

Thanks your advice appreciated... :beer:

stu058

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 02  RK. IT WAS BAD...BOTTOMING OUT SO BAD IT HIT FENDER. INSTALLED RACE TECH SPRINGS AND EMULATERS. EVERYTHING OK AFTER THAT...GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH TOO
mike

ThumperDeuce

Racetech springs and emulators eliminated a dive problem I had with my Deuce.  Call their tech support and they will set you up for your riding style.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

tireater

You are overdue for a fork oil change...I did prog. springs and emulators in my converted 05 FLHT...Still dove...
So I put on some gaiters insted of my cowbells...It limited the travel to just over 2"...And cost $20 delivered...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

ThumperDeuce

When I was talking with tech support I asked them about using emulators with progressive springs.  They said to use one or the other.  Maybe that is why you still got the dive?
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

Clintster

Yes they are good, fork oil change should cure that condition.  But the Race tec stuff will give you better handling.  Set up right, they take out the ripples like they are not there.  I had bottom out with them, till I adjusted the ride heighth, longer spacers.  I made mine 3 3/4 inches and did three turns and it handles and rides great.
Drive fast, take chances

starrider

March 05, 2009, 02:04:59 PM #6 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:08:34 PM by Starrider
Thanks Guys... :wink: :beer: