April 27, 2024, 08:25:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Gaterman GP-1023 Lifters Long Term Wear

Started by Winston Wolf, March 16, 2014, 07:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FSTRK

Quote from: rbabos on November 20, 2014, 07:07:13 AM
Somebody explain to me how a chain can hold end play to about .002-.005? :banghead:
Ron

The angle on the lobes will force the cam to the rear of the block as it spins the lifters that are under valve spring pressure. The chain really does not hold it but it does not try to move it. When you go to gear drive the bevel of the teeth tend to fight the lifters for control so the button is added to keep the cam in place.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

rbabos

Quote from: 1FSTRK on November 20, 2014, 12:36:15 PM
Quote from: rbabos on November 20, 2014, 07:07:13 AM
Somebody explain to me how a chain can hold end play to about .002-.005? :banghead:
Ron

The angle on the lobes will force the cam to the rear of the block as it spins the lifters that are under valve spring pressure. The chain really does not hold it but it does not try to move it. When you go to gear drive the bevel of the teeth tend to fight the lifters for control so the button is added to keep the cam in place.
Ah yes, I've heard the noise those things can make if the clearance gets too big. Occasional snapping sound if I recall on some GMs.
Ron

Frédéric CM

looking for lifters for my 57h (.030 HG) 103 build... was considering those but not anymore... wich one are your favorites now ?

Just Nick

S&S standard or premium, GMR lifters, HD Street Performance lifters. There is a list of good lifters out there if you want a set that has been proven then S&S comes to mind
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

BUBBIE

December 23, 2015, 12:22:59 PM #579 Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:12:28 AM by BUBBIE
SnS Standard are Good...140$ area, Many using them...

SnS premium for More money...

GMR has some...

HD Street Performance ( Don) sells a good set that he checks Before they are sent out to make sure they Hold oil properly.. I run a set of his, they are really Quiet... About the same as SnS standards cost... :SM:

ADDED: Don sels Delphi Lifters Pre Checked by him to be working in his Range of Acceptance... :SM:

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

Frédéric CM

whats your opinion on woods ?
i like the new jims steady rolls, but the price hurts..

N-gin

I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

gabbyduffy

Anybody still running Gaterman Lifters should be Committed.
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

Tattoo

Quote from: gabbyduffy on December 23, 2015, 11:40:38 PM

What?? I read online they were the best !!  :hyst:
"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

N-gin

Quote from: Tattoo on December 24, 2015, 03:03:54 AM

Installing SS .
Gatermans was just a flavor of the month..lucked out and got 2 good sets according to what other have been running into.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

No Cents

Quote from: N-gin on December 24, 2015, 03:10:24 AM
Quote from: Tattoo on December 24, 2015, 03:03:54 AM

Installing SS .
Gatermans was just a flavor of the month..lucked out and got 2 good sets according to what other have been running into.
:agree:  ...with you N-gin.
I ran two different sets of the early Gaterman lifters...and I had no issues with either set.
Apparently their materials used in the production of them and their quality control spiraled down hill quickly.
It is a shame because I think it is one of the best designed lifters I've ever seen.
For now I'm not taking any chances and I'm sticking with the tried and true S&S lifters.

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

metaliser

We didn't take pictures but will next time, my GMR's still look like new at 14,000 miles on them, no scuffing, rollers smooth and they still take awhile to bleed down as well.