May 01, 2024, 04:58:25 PM

News:

Battlefield Harley-Davidson

Started by Snussy, March 05, 2009, 07:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snussy

Just heard that Battlefield Harley Davidson (Gettysburg PA) is up for sale.  Anyone else heard that?

Sonny S.

hmmm, have not heard that. Can't imagin Dave & Jen needing the money

mark61

If you ever been there and or have any knowledge of the owners....they made a ton of money on the stock market and THEN came back to Gettysburg to open the shop and other businesses around there. Also big time into charitable works. All those new buildings going up around the dealer? They own them too I believe.  They still showing a lot of planned activities and events for this year and their events are always top notch!

mark61

Panzer

Only been there once, real nice place.
They hosted lunch for the 911 ride, well handled. :up:
I hope the rumor isn't true, but today, who knows.

http://battlefieldharley-davidson.com
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

fxstdavew

March 05, 2009, 03:02:18 PM #4 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 03:08:25 PM by fxstdavew
I haven't heard anything, but I do know their sales manager who has been there since they opened is no longer there. I was there Sunday and all seemed normal. What is your source of info.
Most bike problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the seat

Snussy

Okay....I guess my source of info may be wrong  :down:.  Yes...I've been there several times and it's a great dealership. 

RK101

Seem to end up there at least once a year. Nice place for sure. They've always seemed like fine folks to deal with. Can't imagine them wanting to sell the business. I haven't heard anything either.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

PaJoe

Quote from: mark61 on March 05, 2009, 10:19:55 AM
    If you ever been there and or have any knowledge of the owners....they made a ton of money on the stock market and THEN came back to Gettysburg to open the shop and other businesses around there. Also big time into charitable works. All those new buildings going up around the dealer? They own them too I believe.  They still showing a lot of planned activities and events for this year and their events are always top notch!

mark61

Interesting, a coworker that retired several months ago tells a little different story. In his version, the fellow that owns Battlefield Harley was one of the managers where he worked and when they went out of business, the top managers got large sums cash but the employees just got the boot. It was the only Harley dealership he hated. I have been there a few times and purchased clothing but never anything else, they seemed to carry a pretty good selection of clothing.

Sonny S.

David was Chairman, President, and CEO of Conrail..... that's where he made his money