April 27, 2024, 10:31:58 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

PCB III Question

Started by JimB, November 07, 2008, 03:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimB

I looked thru the PC III .pdf manual but didnt see this....

When doing manual "button" adjustments... what RPM range is Low, Med & High?

Low ... from idle @ 1000 rpm to 2500 rpm ?
Med ... from 2600 to 3800 ?
Hi ... from 3900 to what ?

Most HDs dont get past 6000 rpms... so where are the increments so Ill know where to tweek the fuel setting manually.

Once I get it better & more miles on the 103 build... I'll have it on a dyno & do it correctly

Valley

If you have the pc software open and connected you can push 1 button and it will highlight that area.
I think it's
0-2000
2000-4000
4000-6000

JimB

If I had a computer cable that was 50 ft long, Id make the adjustments that way...lol

I was think you're rp, estimate was right... but wasnt sure

FLTRI

Isn't it by throttle position?? not rpms
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Valley

Quote from: VALLEYRACING on November 07, 2008, 03:22:20 PM
If you have the pc software open and connected you can push 1 button and it will highlight that area.
I think it's
0-2000
2000-4000
4000-6000

low button 0-2000 rpm  0-100% tp
mid button 2000-4000 rpm 0-100% tp
high button 4000-6000 rpm 0-100% tp
The buttons adjust a very large area. this may help you in one area and hurt you in another.

FLTRI

Wow, that doesn't seem to be very useful.

Valley

The new 09 pc will not have them.

JimB

FLTRI - the computer software allows adjusting in multiple throttle increments but the 3 buttons allow a range modification

Thanks Valley, I was just looking for where low ended & medium range started until I get on the dyno this winter & really dial it in.

I did a quick bump in the med range today before my ride & it did what I needed it to

drhooligan

Just learned recently how to increase fueling using the PCIII USB software. Pretty slick and simple. The question is by how much in the various rpm ranges.

For instance, I need to bump my current tune which is for a 96" with stage 1 stuff and a Woods 6. I'm going to 103" soon with the same cam and light headwork. I need to bump it for a breakin map. The 103" is about a 7% increase in displacement. Should I increase my fueling by that amount throughout the entire fuel table or just below say 4500 rpm and a little less from there to 6000. Any suggestions here would be a help to many of us I'm sure.
2007 FXDWG 120", Hillside Stage 3 Heads, 10.6:1, TW777, V&H 2:1, HPI55, 5.3 g/s

FLTRI

Unfortunately you are completely changing the fuel requirements with the cams and ci, so second guessing the new requirements are not more than a W.A.G.
There is no accurate way to second guess the fuel requirements other than simply trial and error, which can run you around and around because you are not measuring the exhaust O2 so you don't know which way to go with fuel.

drhooligan

Quote from: FLTRI on November 13, 2008, 12:06:23 PM
Unfortunately you are completely changing the fuel requirements with the cams and ci, so second guessing the new requirements are not more than a W.A.G.
There is no accurate way to second guess the fuel requirements other than simply trial and error, which can run you around and around because you are not measuring the exhaust O2 so you don't know which way to go with fuel.

Actually the map I am currently running was made with the Woods 6 installed so I'm guessing that the current map will be fairly close but just somewhat lean. The only engine change I am making currently is the increase to 103 and a head clean up with 3 angle valve job.

FLTRI

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I would maybe add 5% for safety but it is only a WAG since we know nothing about the AFR as it is right now. It could be rich already and need no change, or it could be already on the lean side and really need to be richened up for the added ci, but it is nothing but a WAG, until you get to a tuner.

drhooligan

Quote from: FLTRI on November 13, 2008, 04:14:51 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood you. I would maybe add 5% for safety but it is only a WAG since we know nothing about the AFR as it is right now. It could be rich already and need no change, or it could be already on the lean side and really need to be richened up for the added ci, but it is nothing but a WAG, until you get to a tuner.

Thanks, I just want to get about 100-200 breakin miles before dyno. Maybe the 5% would be a good starting point.