May 02, 2024, 03:07:58 AM

News:

RED BULBS

Started by x52gnr, March 05, 2009, 09:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

x52gnr

Anyone have a good source for red 1156 and 1157 bulbs?  I have the tail light module on my Harley that makes your rear signals also function as brake lights and am going to put smoked lenses on......
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

JamLazyAss

Pep Boys and Advanced Auto have a red boot that just goes over your current bulb in the dir lights.
Works great. Mine are smoked too and they're nice and bright.
I can get a pic if ya want one.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

x52gnr

That would be cool. I saw the boots when I went to pep the other day but wasnt sure how well they would work......
2012 Heritage Softail

tuffluck

I did the exact same. I did get red bulbs the 1156r are really hard to find but I eventually got them from westbay auto parts. You can find them on line or you can use the jam lights leds and put in load equalizers. You can but those at autozone or schucks
you better love living life cuz dying is a pain in the ass

JamLazyAss

Quote from: x52gnr on March 05, 2009, 10:00:04 AM
That would be cool. I saw the boots when I went to pep the other day but wasnt sure how well they would work......

I've been using mine for a couple of years with smoked len's.
They work great, nice n bright.
Cheap too.

Let us know if you like them or not.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

gryphon

The module on mine also allows me to use LED's which I've been doing for a few months now. They work great with the smoked lenses and are super bright.

Deye76

East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Sonny S.

Well back in the day  :teeth:    before you could buy all these colored bulbs, I would color them with a magic marker. Iv'e done red before, and they actually looked good, and lasted a while.

x52gnr

Pep boys had the 1157 red bulbs so I bought those and 2 sets of red bulb condoms. I will use the red 1157s and the bulb condoms on the 1156s. Hopefully it wont be to obvious, if it is i will use the bulb condoms on clear 1157s so they match 100%....... :soda:
2012 Heritage Softail