April 30, 2024, 07:17:52 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

'86 Sporty

Started by tbear14, April 01, 2014, 06:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbear14

Just had to share. Bought new in 1986. Got a wife, got a bagger (standard). Bike has sat since 2006 with a full tank and stabil. Got it out on Friday, cleaned it up, new battery, air in the tires, drained the gas and put fresh in. Turned over in about  4 time and fired up. Put about 20 easy miles on it and dumped the oil and filter. Not one issue with the carb. I am sold on stabil and Harley oil. Just had to share....Jim   

Panzer

Way to go Jim.  :up:
She looks good,
                          Thanks for sharing.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

andyxlh

Looks good mate! My 89 was left standing for a few years when i bought it in '99 and it fired right up when I bump started it down a hill....
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a roll of Duck tape then you're in trouble

calif phil

I had an 86.  Great bikes

BART

We still have an '87 that my wife rode for a long time.  The kids rode it when she got her Softail.  We can't bear to part with it.  It's part of the family.  I changed it out to a belt drive shortly after I bought it; best thing I ever did for the bike.

BART

hogpipes1

If you have the 1100cc it had a real good set of performance (bath tub )heads.  also had a bad alt -charging  set up with the clutch  shell , know to give a lot of trouble.  they finally changed it around 91.