May 04, 2024, 03:08:01 PM

News:

126" Rebuild

Started by pwmorris, April 03, 2014, 09:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighLiner

That's a bad a$$ bike, did you ever chronicle the entire build online?

pwmorris

July 06, 2015, 05:50:58 PM #76 Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:11:14 PM by pwmorris
American Iron was also given the build sheet-
I gave them a lot of details, but didn't give them too much on the heads, which flowed on intake somewhere between 400-450  :wink:. As SA said to me, why give away something you paid for....lol.....
Bottom line, motor was already good, till it wore out, the rebuild just took it to the next level-

rageglide

I haven't bought that rag in years... but I'll take an eye out for it.  (my german coworkers version).

pwmorris

Quote from: rageglide on July 06, 2015, 07:26:04 PM
I haven't bought that rag in years... but I'll take an eye out for it.  (my german coworkers version).
Yeah, me eiher...lol....

HighLiner

Quote from: pwmorris on July 06, 2015, 05:50:58 PM
I gave them a lot of details, but didn't give them too much on the heads, which flowed on intake somewhere between 400-450  :wink:. As SA said to me, why give away something you paid for....lol.....
Bottom line, motor was already good, till it wore out, the rebuild just took it to the next level-

I was more interested in the construction of the chassis and such.  Coming from the street car scene I'd never ask about engine details.

pwmorris

Quote from: HighLiner on July 06, 2015, 08:41:16 PM
Quote from: pwmorris on July 06, 2015, 05:50:58 PM

I was more interested in the construction of the chassis and such.  Coming from the street car scene I'd never ask about engine details.
Appreciate that-you would be surprised how many guys ask...
Yeah, they have a build list you fill out and send back to them, so a lot of what was done should be there.

biggzed

Can't wait to read this feature. I've admired that bike for a long time. Had it as a screen saver for a while too. I need a towel after that video of it running. LOL

Zach

bladerunner

Nice to see you back Paul .... :hug:
Erie , pennsylvania

TXChop

Nice!!

Keep us posted. 

HighLiner

Any update as to which month your gonna be featured?

pwmorris

Quote from: HighLiner on September 18, 2015, 09:01:41 PM
Any update as to which month your gonna be featured?
Nah, they don't tell you as they are lining up the layouts and stuff, but it should be real soon, as they said a few months and that was a couple months ago...

jmorton10

Damn bro, that is a seriously bad ass ride.

That video sounds very nasty.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

pwmorris

HighLiner

No Cents

Paul...I'll grab a copy the next time I go into town.
Congrats on the cover!  :up:

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

pwmorris

Quote from: No Cents on October 02, 2015, 04:13:44 PM
Paul...I'll grab a copy the next time I go into town.
Congrats on the cover!  :up:

Ray
Quote from: HighLiner on October 02, 2015, 02:55:42 PM
Sweet
Thx guys!

hrdtail78

Semper Fi

biggzed

Awesome. I'm stopping by the store on the way home. Need to pick that up. Congrats on the cover. Bad ass pic.

Zach

FlaHeatWave

'01 FXDWG2 Red 103/6sp  '05 FLHTCSE2 Cherry  '09 FLTRSE3 Yellow 117/DD7

Durwood

Great job Pdub!!! Your craftsmanship and attention to detail is what landed you on the cover :up:

jmorton10

Damn, went to buy that issue & they still have the October issue on the shelf :-(

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

No Cents

I was told at the store today it won't be available until 10/13/15.

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

pwmorris

:scratch:
Hmm...there are on the newsstands out here in Cali-

frankieb

Quote from: pwmorris on October 03, 2015, 05:20:41 PM

That happened with our two covers...they seem to be released regionally.

jmorton10

Quote from: pwmorris on October 03, 2015, 05:20:41 PM

Finally hit the news stand in upstate NY.

I haven't bought it in years, but I bought this issue just to check out the article on Paul's bike.

WOW, OMG That bike is AWESOME!!

~John