May 04, 2024, 06:25:38 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Those must be some magic spark plug wires

Started by fuct44, March 06, 2009, 11:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuct44

Maybe I'm just ignorant to the subject, but I thought this was pretty rediculous. Make sure you read the fourth bullet. I'm not real sure how that's possible, but if so--please explain away. For now I'll chalk it up there with a +5hp oil filter and +10hp doodad in the intake.

Hot Fire High Performance Spark Plug Wires

- These wires have 40 ohms of resistance per foot, which gives the highest spark energy transfer and the highest EMI/RFI suppression • They have a Kevlar® core center, with a nickel copper alloy conductor wire

- Very high tensile strength from a small diameter

- The wires come with a core insulator of braided high strength fiberglass, a high quality silicone jacket, and plug boots with competition sleeving covering the entire length which gives it a bold look at 11-1/2 mm OD

- They’re dyno tested to give a 12+ HP increase over stock OEM wires

Here's the link if you think I've made it up.

http://www.jpcycles.com/Search/ProductDetail?sku=383-365&N=0&Ne=28002799&Ntk=All&Ntt=hot%20fire&Ns=image|1||Exact%20Fit|1||CategoryRank|1||TopSeller|1||Universal%20Fit|0&results=10&No=
Huh?

scoopfraser

Just imagine the performance gain if you have dual-plugged heads!!!  The acceleration would probably rip your shoulders clean out of their sockets.   :smilep:
2000 FXD
Edmonton, Alberta

gryphon

I suppose if you dyno'd a bike that had faulty plug wires and then tried it with new wires you might get those results.

Rags722

It must be true or they couldn't claim it, yea right.

The only way I could see that kind of HP gain is if they put them on a bike with a set of really burned out wires.

Rags

crazy joe

HroadhogD1

Do I believe that these wires will give you anywhere close to 12 hp?   No way.

JimB

I read on the Net ( gotta be true) that Hot Fire Wires are made by Nology for J&P Cycles

Heres what is true...
Take off the old badly used 5 yo OEM plugs & wires & replace them with new plugs & OEM wires...Instant HP increase.
You can get a 12 hp increase if one of the plugs removed didnt fire... :hyst:

Jim Bronson

I just placed my order (overnight delivery). I'm planning to leave my friends busa in the dust with those.  :wink:
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

stroker800

They do give you 12HP,,,they just forgot to tell you the come with 124" motor connect to them,,and this week on sale for $5780.00.ha ha ha ha
Dave

hotham

It's like a few years ago I got into high end stereo.  Everything is outrageous in price and the performance claims are crazy.  They try to convince you that these $25/$50 per foot of speaker wire is worth it.  "You can hear the difference", they claim.  Sorry, electricity doesn't care and if I use some good quality Beldin wire I have all I am ever going to get in audio.  Same as Fitch in the gas tank, do- dads in the intake manifold and not to mention the extra 10hp if I use synthetic oil.  I was born at night, just not last night.

RoadKingTrooper

Maybe the 12 HP comes in when you connect them to the spark plugs :gob:

autoworker

It must be true,I read it on the internet.

Ultrashovel

It's a buncha el Toro Mierda, if you ask me. It's bad enough that J&P has to charge double for everything they sell but making claims for 12 hp for a set of plug wires is beyond the pale.

Sounds like someone got a hold of some good stuff.

ViennaHog

:rtfb:

J&P Cycles® 13225 Circle Drive Anamosa, IA 52205
Prices & misprints subject to change.

fuzznut5197

<Frau Farbissina>  "Lies..   ...all LIES!!!!!!"

If you feel like you need to have the best wires possible, go buy some Magnecors.  :rtfb:

04glide

I have some wires that will give ya 20HP and they will only cost twice what the 12HP wires cost. Whats really amazing is they look just like the stock ones so your friends wont know you have em.

Gunney8

These types of claims are horse manure.... same as golf stuff.... I bought the driver that guarentees an extra 20 yards, the golf balls that guarantees and extra 20 yards... the shoes that guarantees and 20 extra yards, the sunglasses that guarantees and extra 20 yards.... I keep buying that stuff so now I don't even have to swing the club to get to the 150 yard marker.... mucho same as all these MC add-ons.... by now I should be pulling 120 HP!!!

fuct44

Huh?

nc-renegade

Quote from: fuct44 on March 14, 2009, 02:43:01 AM

Ha! ignition molecules  :hyst:

It is unfortunate that some folks read this and really believe it.  These ads are horse sh$t.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

ramcr913

I'm gonna get some for the lawnmower, then my 5 hp briggs will be a 17 hp grass-chewin', weed-cuttin' machine.That will give me more riding time.
Maybe I'll put a fake kicker on the mower too so I can look cool while I mow faster.