May 03, 2024, 08:38:11 PM

News:

different kinda tech

Started by pappyfreebird, March 06, 2009, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappyfreebird

lost my best freind yesterday...my dear ol pappy left me..held his hand watched his last breath...savin ya all my heart ache..my point we re findin forclosure papers (awready fixed that) but he may nawt a been up on his life ins. policies etc..sharp witty n would anger ifn asked how he s doin etc... people heres my tech,,,make fuggan sure yer eldars are payun there cheeyut,,mad er nawt do it fer em er check fer sure... this werld jus lost a great american guys..n wwII ranger too  paps

76shuvlinoff

Tom,
You haven't been around much, figured you were dealing with something and now I'm sorry to see it.

My old man is a WWII vet too. A different breed eh?. Tough independent and proud. 

All my thoughts going out to you and yours tonight bud. Glad you were there.

Mark

:sad:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

who444444

all out thoughts are with you and yours.
dave (and family)

hkd76

Pappy   I'm sorry to hear about your father.   Please accept my condolences.

Lambert

ramcr913

RIP to your Dad, Pappy.
I closed my Dad's eyes 2 summers ago. We will miss them both.
I'm down in Texas but if I can do anything, let me know.

Jusbo48

All my thoughts are with you and your family Pappy.

My Dad is just a couple of months from leaving this world as well.

Damn ALS

harpo1313

March 07, 2009, 11:42:32 AM #6 Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:15:28 AM by harpo1313
sorry to hear that pappy. R.I.P

MMOCGuy

Pappy.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine many years ago whe I was only 21 and I was there. You will never forget but the pain of the loss does go away eventually and what remains is your undying love for him and memories of all the great things he did for you when you were young.

I'd like to take your comments about non payment of bills a bit further. My mom started failing to pay her bills when she hit 96 years of age. I discovered it one day when I was visiting her and found a late notice. At first it was an occasional forgetfulness but, as time went on, I started seeing more late notices. It was difficult but, I took over paying her bills for her and I took over keeping track of her finances. She agreed to put my name on all of her accounts so that I could handle them. She is now 102 and still going strong but she relies completely on me for her finances. Believe it or not, as forgetful as I can get sometimes, I haven't forgotten one single bill (Of course the wife is pretty helpful in that area!  :wink: )

As Pappy said, keep an eye on the folks no matter how aware and independent they are because sooner or later, they will start to forget. Above all, if you do decide to take over, try to handle it in a way that doesn't embarass them or call to their attention the fact that they are screwing up. The thing they fear most is loss of their independence that they have had for so many years and, if they think you are challenging their ability to handle their own finances, they will resist. With my mom, we put it in such a way that we just wanted to help her and make her life easier by relieving her of some of the responsibility.

Norm.

pappyfreebird

thanks mark n guys..me pappy would a been proud ,,his funeral was full a family, n the honor guard is beeyuchin..his kids n grankids added to the 21 ,,so each gots  a shell case..again the werld planted a great dude taday..God bless you dad...hug a loved one bruthas

dave_9113

My condolences to your family.

david

Lew

Sorry to hear about your loss Paps.

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

stroker800

Sorry for your loss,,just remember a great man live forever in the hearts of those who knew him.
Dave

flhs90

Hang in there Pappyfreebird.

An old EVo rider wishing your dad a great afterlife.

Hang tough,

FlHS90 :rose:
1980 FLH80, 1990 FLHS, 2006 FLSTS<br />Western Oregon

v10ole

Hey there pappy just remember your dad is in a better place now. I am sorry for your loss you, will always have him in your heart. Hang in there man and best wishes. Ole

CraigArizona85248

Ah man... I hate hearing news like this.  Sorry to here this Pappy.  Sounds like your dad was a great guy.  Please accept my condolences.

-Craig

kelly73fx1

neten-o

Pap's .. lost my dad years ago .. never saw him grow old .. and I think about him every day ..hang in there mate .. Rich..

blackbeard 60

my dear ol dad is still kicking and when he stops kicking its gonna hurt like hell.so sorry about yer dad man