May 09, 2024, 03:32:26 PM

News:

Its official, I had my last drink

Started by jclark311, March 06, 2009, 06:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tollbooth

That is a good thing. Quitting causes thinking.
I remember those old words of a drinkin man. "Did'nt get in trouble every time I drank, But every time I got in trouble, I'd been drinkin!
Don't ask me how I know.
Tollbooth

rad3766

JClark, hope youre doing ok.
For myself, I had a good day today. Today I was reliable. Today I was responsible. Today I was sober.  :smiled:
98 FLHTPI Miss Suzy HOG, AMA, IBA, PGR

driller

I'm 55 and quit drinking when my now 25 year old son was born, bet thing I ever did. Quit smoking too. Quit doing drugs, going to bars, chasing ugly women. It's amazing what a clear state of mind will do for you. Congrats..
ride faster, grin wider, spit more bugs

Bladesmith

Sober for 9 years...Got sick and tired of being sick and tired....

Marijuana Maintance works for me.....
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

Ultrashovel

Quote from: driller on March 23, 2009, 01:34:04 PM
I'm 55 and quit drinking when my now 25 year old son was born, bet thing I ever did. Quit smoking too. Quit doing drugs, going to bars, chasing ugly women. It's amazing what a clear state of mind will do for you. Congrats..

I was with you until you came out against ugly women. I've had more fun wih the ugly ones than the good looking ones I've chased. LOL.  :potstir:

thunderalley3

I drank once, for 30 years,,, I will have a cold one, maybe 2 a year, enough for me. I think I just out grew it, oh yeah, and my liver started out growing me !! So I just cut back. I do not get it, whan I was drinking the bars were always full of supermodels, now whenever I stop for a soda pop, it seems like all there are is ugly women, I feel sorry for the drinking guys today.

Bladesmith

And don't get all upset if you screw up and drink...It's part of the process ............and this part is VERY IMPORTANT....GO TO AA Meetings

and go often...You don't have to buy into all the bs,but meeting others with the same problems help....Oh yeah, also Keep Your Sense of Humor

Like all the Bros are saying, it's not easy but its worth it...one more thing,,when it's really getting you down,Don't take it out on the old lady.

Good luck from a Bro who's been there!!
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

mrmike

I stopped drinking for a couple of days 5+ years ago. lol  Damned if I know how I did it and I have no intention of finding out if I can do it again. You do lose touch with some of your drinking buddies but it's only cause you have diffrent interests. Like others said I thought quitting meant no more fun but after you get comfortable in your own skin you'll actually find the opposite is true. I still keep the fridge stocked..... just not for me.  :wink: Best of luck to you and the rest who joined this thread. :up:

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

Burch

I'll still tip a few now and again...but I can say it it is pretty funny to watch the "drunks" at the bar long around midnight when you are sober....better than being with 'em!!!  :hyst:

Burch
Burch

neale

I had my last one in the year of 89, don't miss it a bit. I think that some people aren't meant to drink and some don't realize how bad they look/behave once they're drunk.

HDParrottHead

I feel if someone wants to drink themselves stupid it is their right, BUT if you drink and drive you are taking innocent lives into you hands and you have no right for that.  I personally stopped drinking 20 yrs ago after feeling so bad the next morning.  I say if you want to drink, drink but please stay off the highway.

RK101

Isn't this post refreshing to see.  Lets all get another day.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

jclark311

FYI, figured I would update you guys. I have been doing good, no drinking, started doing all the things I used to like to do. Only thing is, some of it is dangerous. I like going fast, fixin cars, bikes, and going to car shows. I like oldies, and Southern Rock. So I started listening to music again. I am thinking about getting a quad, I sold my dirt bike 2 years ago, I miss the hell out of it. I have been trying to get in shape, you have to be in shape to ride off road. Especially if your over 50. I have a 97 Formula that I built a motor for 2 years ago, I think I will finish that car.The guys from work took a trip to NY tonight, I didnt go! Maybe next time. I am putting V+H Longshots on the Heritage tonight.

Sonny S.

donutsrd

good job.remember its one day at a time.it seems like yesterday,as i can clearly remember not being able to put two days together,i loved it so much i had to leave it,it just stopped workin,thanx to aa,and my higher power,i have not HAD to drink since 10/07/87.1day t a time.god bless,enjoy your journey.the most valuable thing u possess is the next 24hrs directly in front of u.
2001 fltri 95" 37ggear drive pc3usb recored full sac muff rosas power port head

RK101

I hear that donutsrd. Left to my own devices I'd be in the gutter or dead by now.  :emsad:
JClark good for you. You just keep on doing whatever you have to do.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H