May 06, 2024, 03:43:20 PM

News:

Stock mufflers on a built EVO question

Started by rustyflstc, March 07, 2009, 04:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustyflstc

Thinking of doing an Iron Butt ride. Would I do any damage if I put the stocks back on for this trip?  EVO not stroked, just heads, cam, carb ect. What do you guys think, I know it will choke it and loose power but I don't want to go up and down the east coast and ruin a good thing.

FLH124

What cam?? compression?? CV carb ? ? jetting ?? year ?? softail or bagger and final gear ratio? stock?

mp

I don't understand the question.  Why would you want to put the stock mufflers on?  Have you got drag pipes or something?

Princess Butt

I've run stock mufflers on an Evo Road King for 75,000 miles. Now, it's not a juiced up motor by an stretch (mild cam and ignition only, at this time.).

I've never had it overheat due to exhaust. What you'll notice is the engine will stop pulling strong at about 70 mph, because the exhaust has become the choking point in the system.

A good alternative may be 07 - 08 mufflers. They seem to flow a little better than the earlier mufflers. I just put a set of 07 mufflers on my 97 Road King, and it seems to breathe a lot better.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.