May 03, 2024, 07:04:57 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Starter for FX

Started by ramcr913, March 07, 2009, 08:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramcr913

Anybody have a Ultima Thunderfire or Spyke starter mounted in a FXE or FXEF 4-speed frame?
My specific question is, does either of those starters have the stud that connects to the starter motor bracket, as does the stock starter?
Reference:
http://www.bikebandit.com/harley-davidson-motorcycle-fxef-80-1980-battery/o/m1378sch177711

Note part number 340- the top left hole connects to the stock starter. Need to know if it connects to the Ultima or Spyke.
Thanks

Hybredhog

Doesn't look like it. But you really don't need the starter included on the bracket from the tranny to the bat. box, as these startes are much shorter than stock, so make a new bracket.
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

Jusbo48

I have an Ultima on my FX and it does not have the stud for the support bracket but the starter itself
is much more solid than the stock one.Less twisting and the mounting flange is much more beefier.

ramcr913

Thanks for the responses. I want to eliminate the existing bracket, and fabricate one for a wrap-around tank. Now I know that I do need to consider the starter mount. Problem solved, thanks again!