May 08, 2024, 11:53:01 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HELLO FROM ST. CROIX, USVI

Started by Boomertx, April 29, 2014, 05:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomertx

Well, sorta anyways . . . currently in St. Croix with my lady having a bit of a vacation before getting married on May 1  :smiled:

Actually from Fort Worth.  Been riding since I was 13 and just turned 60 late last year (you do the math) and have owned a bunch of bikes but the current vehicular love of my live is a metallic reddish-orange 2013 Road Glide Ultra . . . The official Harley name of the color is about a half a paragraph long that I don't usually remember :)

Currently I'm lying on a beach chair under a palm tree having a drop of coffee having watched the sunrise while waiting for Patti to rise and shine . . . guess it was kinda of a long night last night at the beach party.

I'm a retired engineer and an inveterate tinkerer . . . cars, bikes, houses, tricycles, Radio Flyers, well, you get the picture. 

I'm here because while I know engines and electrical systems pretty well I am smart enough to actually LISTEN to those that know more than I do so I plan to steal ideas like a sumbitch . . . and with a bit of luck I'll be able to offer some also.  Heck, I musta learned SOMETHING over the last 60 years.

I love to ride fast and do so regularly and to support my habit Steve over at GMR Performance has my bike doing a few tweaks.  I'm hoping to get it back as a wedding "present" next week . . . right Steve?  Steve?  You there Steve?   :bike:

Found HTT the way most people find anything on the internet . . . did a search on something, got links to follow, followed a bunch of them and somehow arrived here.  Was immediately attracted to the low noise level compared to many Harley boards and then really became hooked by the incredible stockpile of knowledge and the great level of sharing. 

Gotta slide out now, Patti is stirring and they are serving breakfast on the open air patio . . . gotta go fuel the furnace.

Bottom line, thanks for having me, I am sure I will learn a lot and hopefully will be able to provide useful data in return.

Ride Safe!

Steve