May 08, 2024, 01:44:34 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Regulator question,and recommendations

Started by johnod, May 07, 2014, 01:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnod

May 07, 2014, 01:32:06 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 02:54:14 PM by johnod
Just yesterday I brought home a non running 1997 EG Ultra.

One of the things I've been told it requires is a regulator.

Looking on line I see series and solid state units, which is better for my purposes, also what's the difference, and any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Thanks

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Tom

yankee dog

Yes, call the folks at Cycle Electric, tell them what you got and you will get fixed up. Good people, great products! YD
94 FXDS, EVL3010, Cycle Shack slip ons, Wiseco 8.5:1, .035 squish, ultima ign.

johnod

I ordered one from JPcycle, hopefully that'll do the trick.

stroker800

Did you perform a regulator  or stator test ?  I'm always leary when the PO says its something simple,,,if so fix it...Get more cash for running bike..
Dave

johnod

Normally I'd agree with you, but I know the guy for years, and he's a mechanic as well.

rageglide

Meter the stator.  Replace if it's bad.   Buy an OEM regulator, the better mouse traps, aren't. 

Evo stator to regulator connectors are prone to problems.  When a connector becomes loose it will erode the connector material and create heat and problems, that problem will take out one or both of the two components.  Keep the connectors *tight* and connected and you get lots more miles out of em...