May 06, 2024, 03:39:50 AM

News:

Oil lines on a 94 FXLR

Started by Reddog74usa, March 08, 2009, 12:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog74usa

March 08, 2009, 12:33:10 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:57:51 PM by Reddog74usa
Can anyone tell me what fittings on the oil tank go where on my 94 FXLR. I'm thinking the one on the bottom right is a return, of the two on the left I'm thinking the forward most is a vent and the other one that is next to it and closer to the rear of the bike is the feed. I just want to make sure for obvious reasons. Also, Where can I find a set of preformed oil lines for this bike? TIA, RD
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Buddy WMC

RD,
I ordered a new set of lines through my local HD dealer last year. I'll have to replace the feed line again next oil change due to chafing from a heim joint bolt on the trans shift lever. I'll have to check the line routing for you later as my bike is on a lift at my bro's house on the other side of town.

Reddog74usa

Thanks Bro, If ya have the part numbers for those lines that would be cool.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Buddy WMC

RD,
Double check these numbers, they are for a 93 FXR and it can be confusing. 63557-92 (feed), 62559-91 (vent),63562-92 (filter to tank vent-return). I picked up a new 1/2" ID drain hose at West Marine for a few bucks as HD sells it by the roll for over $50.00 and they had none in stock.

Reddog74usa

Buddy I got the numbers. Let me know when you get the routing for the lines. Thanks.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT