May 06, 2024, 05:22:34 PM

News:

Ontario helmet law

Started by 88shovel, March 08, 2009, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

88shovel

This is a question for riders in Ontario, did our Big Brother politicians in Queens Park pass that bill restricting passengers under 14 yrs old, or did it get tossed? I have a 9 year-old grand-daughter who loves to ride and this law would piss her off totally.

rideharder

All I heard was it passed the first and second reading but it does not mean it will pass.
All I can find is this item in the web.

http://www.orra.on.ca/bill117.htm

Panzer

Might want to ask HV.
He knows most all in Canada.
Listening HV?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Solarflare10

You have got to be kidding me, banning passengers under 14 years of age. That's friggin ridiculous, our politicians are a bunch of idiots. My kids have been riding with me since they were 6 years old, my oldest is 29 and my 20 year old will have her own bike this spring and my 10 year old son has been riding for 5 years. (I know, big spread between kids).

We cannot allow this to become law, it wouldn't be long before they will be moving it out west to Alberta as well.

Solarflare10

dablaze

Regina (Iron Maiden) last informed me that it has not passed and is kind of in Limbo. It could still be put back up for a vote, but for now I think it would have to go through the whole process again. The thing is, the mentality is still there, it was not defeated or voted down. It was just due to Parliamentary proceedure that it kind of died on the floor for now. We are still fighting against it and plannig on having a booth at our next Toronto Bike show to continue to gather signatures on the petition.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

88shovel

First of all I guess I should have started the thread with the right title, I guess it should have been Under-age riders or something like that as it has nothing to do with helmets.
Anyhow--Hey Craig, would that petition be at the Swap Meet at the Exibition grounds on the 28th & 29th of this month ?

86fxwg

They are trying to pass a similar law in Il.But under 16 cannot ride an off road vehicle.Mini bike, 4 wheeler,etc.
Freakin politicions they know whats best.LOL
86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

dablaze

I believe we are trying to set up a booth at that show yes...make sure to come and say hello!

Craig
Second Shift Cycle