May 08, 2024, 12:26:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Super 'E' backing plate/enrichner lever question

Started by 1982fxr, May 12, 2014, 04:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1982fxr

Putting a Super E on a 1998 80" evo.  I have the S&S intake and backing plate.  I bought this breather kit...
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/4000305

1.  Did i buy the right kit?  (1st time messing w/evo)

2.  Will the S&S Evo backing plate allow a lever type enrichner (not a knob), as the shovelhead S&S backing plate did, or will there be clearance issues once the breather set-up is installed and it's easier to just put a pull-knob on it??

thanks, hope I made sense

stroker800

It should clear the S&S backing plate..mine does....I have seen B style enrichener used on E carbs for clearance reasons.
Dave

guido4198

That is the set-up I have on my Evo with S&S Super E. Be advised..S&S has a MUCH better accessory kit available these days than they originally offered. You might want to give them a call and discuss your application with one of their Tech-guys. The original parts weeped oil to the point that my local indy shop tried to seal it up with silicone.  :down: I got in touch with S&S, and after getting the new improved parts directly from S&S, the whole area stays bone dry..no weep, no leaks.

1982fxr

at the risk of sounding dumb, when you say accessory kit do you mean breather kit?

guido4198

They offer a MUCH improved set of low profile bolts that totally resolved the weeping issues I had been having using the set shown in the picture posted earlier. Sorry to be so vague... I called the S&S tech help line and after explaining the issue I was having, the guy seemed to immediately "get it" and told me about the re-designed fasteners. Sorry, don't remember much more than that... When they arrived, I put'em on and problem was totally resolved.