May 04, 2024, 05:11:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Adjustable passenger dresser floorboards

Started by ftd, March 08, 2009, 06:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftd

I am looking for a way to change the location of the passenger floorboards on a RK.  My wife is rather long legged and needs the ability to move the floorboards around both forward and lower if possible.  Apparently Kuryakyn doesn't sell such a product.

I found a HD item (#50768-07), another similar item by RIVCO (HDPBLA) and one built by Baron and sold by JP ((550-315).

Has anybody had any experience with any of these products or others?  I assumed that this was a somewhat common thing but I looked all over at Bike Week and really found very litte info.

TIA
Frank

HroadhogD1

Do you think the floorboards would hit you in the back of your legs every time you put your feet down if you change the location?  I know it would bother me. JMO

HroadhogD1

Footboard Mount Kit 50769-07             Ebay item number 150330989135  This is from  Sun Harley Davidson

truck

Get the Kuriakin adjustable passenger foot pegs that mount on the foot board mounting bracket.
They'll give her the option of two positions for her feet, she'll love you for it, even more than she does now.
And your calves won't bump into repositioned foot boards.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

ftd

Do you think the floorboards would hit you in the back of your legs every time you put your feet down if you change the location?  I know it would bother me. JMO

This is true as when she stretches out now her feet hit my legs.  A pain but I have to adapt.  Thankfully she doesn't ride with me too often.

Gonzo

I have a set of Harley adjustable rear floorboards that I put on for my Wife  if we're doing a long haul. Soon as we get back, I yank em back off and put back on the regular pegs for everyday ridin. Only takes a couple extra minutes to put them on. But they're right... they DO hit the backs of my calves if I'm not careful. Only hurts till the skin grows back :hyst:

HroadhogD1

Just a thought-If she really doesn't ride with you very often, there is the adjustable pegs that go in five different positions, along with the floorboards.  I have never used them.

truck

Quote from: HroadhogD1 on March 08, 2009, 08:06:33 PM
Just a thought-If she really doesn't ride with you very often, there is the adjustable pegs that go in five different positions, along with the floorboards.  I have never used them.

That's what I'm talking about. The adjustables. You can't adjust them while you are in motion but you can find a position where the feel right after a couple of rides.
My wife loves them. On long rides she can use the footboards or the adjustable pegs or just dangle her feet. She loves them.

road-dawgs1

Quote from: trück on March 08, 2009, 08:28:49 PM
Quote from: HroadhogD1 on March 08, 2009, 08:06:33 PM

That's what I'm talking about. The adjustables. You can't adjust them while you are in motion but you can find a position where the feel right after a couple of rides.
My wife loves them. On long rides she can use the footboards or the adjustable pegs or just dangle her feet. She loves them.

I have them, wife loves them

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

ftd

Thanks for the comments/suggestions.  I am leaning toward this product
http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=435&cat=0&page=1

It has a wide adjustment range and they adjust with a spring loaded pin.
Anyone out there use them??

Thanks
Frank

truck

Quote from: ftd on March 09, 2009, 06:45:19 PM
Thanks for the comments/suggestions.  I am leaning toward this product
http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=435&cat=0&page=1

It has a wide adjustment range and they adjust with a spring loaded pin.
Anyone out there use them??

Thanks
Frank

If your wife doesn't weigh more than a ballerina I guess she would be OK stepping on there to get on the bike.
How much weight do they support? Don't forget that it is not static weight when she saddles up.
Those tiny pins scare me.

92flhtcu

All my riding buds have newer bikes than I, they all have the passenger footpegs over the passenger boards(all baggers, alot newer than mine)Their passengers all love them.  I don't really want to be able to move the boards(especially at $300.00) I just want to add a set of passenger pegs so she has an option. nobody makes these for the older baggers, the right side would be easy as the hack mount boss is right thre, I'm still fabbing in my head the left side...anyone made anything for these older baggers they could send a pic of??
When I get mine figured out, I'll post pics
Rob
Need a bigger garage

ftd

Update:

I ended up purchasing the Rico product.  Installed them Friday (1/2 hour).  Appear to be a quality item and after two rides with wife they get a thumbs up from her.  The numerous position options and ease of changing the positions are big pluses.  The price was a big neg.  though the HD equivalent costs the same.

YMMV
Frank