May 09, 2024, 11:18:30 AM

News:

120r tuning

Started by baker, May 18, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baker

I finished doing some changes to my 120, build is 120r 12:1 compression, S&S 640, AV&V springs, Bassani 2 into 1, I down loaded base map 176NLX007 from my super tunersoftware, (07-10 Dyna RX )  the bike runs real good and makes awsome power, problem is, the engine starts good when it's cold, but after it's warmed up and I go to start it again I have to roll the throttle wide open to get it started, Iv'e changed the timing and cranking fuel around trying to solve the starting problem, but any change I make only makes it worse, so now I'm back to the original settings of the base map, and still have the starting problem, I have the acr's wired into the starter relay, could both acr's being wide open during cranking cause a starting problem? :scratch: I'm stumped with the starting problem and don't know what to do to fix it.

rigidthumper

Yes.  Had that same issue try disconnecting just one ACR and see if it gets better. 
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

baker

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow and see how it does, I seen a simular thread some time back about a starting issue with acr's wired this way but couldn't find it and was a little suspicious that that could be causing my problem

rigidthumper

The ECM can control the ACRs if wired up- its available in that map, why not just get the harness and wire them according to instructions? One less issue, IMO
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

baker

rigidthumper, you were right about the acr's, I unpluged the front and the engine fires right up, hot or cold. I will have to order a new harness to wire it in properly as the one I used was from a wrecked bike and the ends had been cut off it. Thanks.

FSG

Under ECM control both ACRs are pulsed rather than held open, BUT if hard-wiring them to the starter only one need to be operated and as has been posted before wire in the Front ACR on Cylinder 2 so that the ECM sees the Crank Slowing as Cylinder 1 comes up on compression.

baker

ok thanks FSG, I'll plug the front back in and unplug the rear.

HD/Wrench

Quote from: FSG on May 19, 2014, 05:14:15 PM
Under ECM control both ACRs are pulsed rather than held open, BUT if hard-wiring them to the starter only one need to be operated and as has been posted before wire in the Front ACR on Cylinder 2 so that the ECM sees the Crank Slowing as Cylinder 1 comes up on compression.

The ECM is looking for a RPM under cranking, the ACR is very cool in that feature as it will change % of bleed for that engine. . I have to wonder though is there is a tune issue as well.

1931jamesw

Quote from: Gmr-Performance on May 28, 2014, 05:05:34 AM
Quote from: FSG on May 19, 2014, 05:14:15 PM

The ECM is looking for a RPM under cranking, the ACR is very cool in that feature as it will change % of bleed for that engine. . I have to wonder though is there is a tune issue as well.

Have to agree. Sounds like cranking fuel, crank steps or crank to run steps tables may need some work. Even warmup enrichment could be a possible issue.