May 08, 2024, 02:01:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Clutch Problem

Started by WhipLash96, June 02, 2014, 04:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhipLash96

I got everything measured in the clutch and I found that my Steeles are warped out of spec. My friction are still good but near the bottom of the spec. Will order new steels and friction plates tomorrow.
Thanks,
Whip

Wicked

Thanks for getting back with ur hiccup!

WhipLash96

No problem.  This site is so awesome.
Thanks,
Whip

WhipLash96

Well I got the new plates in an the rotor/engine sprocket and clutch hub is installed on the bike. Now I just need to chase the threads on the primary cover bolts.  I have chosen to put the cover on with no fluid to see if I can get the correct clutch adjustment.  I I can I an going to pull it off and fill full of fluid.here is a quick picture.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Thanks,
Whip

WhipLash96

Everything is running great!  Thanks everyone for the input given.  I also had to replace the slide as the diaphragm had a small hole it. Time to work the gas out and get some fresh stuff in. The Sportster runs hard, and has better low speed manners. I had an opportunity to bing it up to 90 and did so without any issues.  Thanks again.
Thanks,
Whip

jbee

Glad to see you got it sorted and are enjoying your ride Whiplash.

Nice one.