May 06, 2024, 01:08:24 PM

News:

Seattle weather

Started by seattledyna, March 09, 2009, 04:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seattledyna

http://www.komonews.com/news/40958267.html

I feel kinda guilty (sorta :wink:) for leaving you guys up there to contend with the horrible global warming snow storms, my oldest daughter sent me a pic today of the mess on her way to work this morning...she was not happy!

Is it still coming down?  and it snowed last April also just as we were packing to move to CA.

Panzer

I really feel sorry for the brothers & sisters further north then I.
I had my first ride Saturday, short but nice.
Mn is about to get hit again from what I hear, the Northwest is being hit now and our Canadian neighbors, New Findland included, are still in the minus temps.

Trying to push the warmth up to you all, the best I can.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

gtcoupe

Rode to work the other day.  Monroe to Bellevue at 27* and this morning it was 17* at home.  Left the bike and took the Durango.  Global warming sux.   :hyst:

mark98012

Woke up to 22 deg. this morning, this sucks! Got my bike back together last week and weather turns to crap. Where is global warming when you need it? This year's winter has been the worst in a few years, hopefully the summer will make up for it.

Mark
Mark98012

Biscuit

Spoke to my son, who now lives in Seattle on Sunday.  He was telling us about the "predicted"
snow and I was telling him about getting to ride w/o leather finally.  He needs to move back to
Texas, but his Seattle wife wouldn't like that, I'm sure.
"I do all my own stunts".

hotham

You moved from Seattle to Placerville, Ca.  We moved from Sacramento to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington.  You were the smart one.  I know the owner of Auburn HD and Hangtown HD.  Good people.

seattledyna

hotham, they closed down the Hangtown HD store a couple years ago so their Auburn store is our closest dealer now, kinda a long way to go for gaskets and other parts...but the ride is nice!

~JC~

A thinnly veiled attempt at gloating. Just because you have daffodils in your yard, and I'm still shoveling........... :cry:~JC~
If I had to understand, You wouldn't explain.

RainDodger

Hey, gtcoupe... I'm right near you I think. 7 miles north of Monroe. It was 27 degrees on my front porch this morning, with ice all over the place. No way would I ride our back roads.... I commute to Redmond, probably the same route as you. Once out of the hills, the roads are pretty much dry.

gtcoupe

Damn, we're practically neighbors!  I'm 5 miles north of Monroe, on Wagner hill.  It was 17* at 4:30 at the house...500' elevation.

02roadcling

gtcoupe,

You should meet up with Mr. Rain Dodger and go riding sometime. He's a heck of a good guy, plus its fun to leave his road sofa in dust.  :hyst:

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

:nix: where exactely in auburn is auburn hd located thanks gary :nix:

seattledyna

Gary...Auburn CA., not Auburn WA.  :wink:

the Auburn CA dealer is located on HWY 49 just north of town

JimB

Mike... isnt the Folsom HD store closer than Auburn ?

gryphon

So SeattleDyna,
   How do you like living in P'vill. I used to have a gas station up in Pollock Pines back in the early 80's. The weather down these is way different than Seattle. You have seasons down there.

RainDodger

gt - I'm on Storm Lake Road.... right between Flowing Lake and Storm Lake

RainDodger

Oh... forgot to say.... Cling, you can dream on.... :)

seattledyna

Jim, its about the same distance to the Folsom dealer, however its all freeway, the Auburn store is a twisty mofo road from here :teeth:

gryphon, we love it here! Pville is my family home town and I always wanted to live here, finally got my chance! My grandpa was a saw filer at the mill in Fresh Pond, they lived in Pollock Pines for awhile before I was born, spent many a nice summer day at Sly Park with my cousins when I would come down for summer vacation.

gtcoupe

Quote from: RainDodger on March 10, 2009, 12:11:27 PM
gt - I'm on Storm Lake Road.... right between Flowing Lake and Storm Lake

We're gonna have to get together.  I'm on 227th, off Wagner Rd.  My brother (trash type, non biker) lives on Meadow lake.