May 01, 2024, 09:23:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Tuning Software for 2008 -2009 Buells

Started by ederdelyi, March 10, 2009, 02:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ederdelyi

Anyone know if either TTS Mastertune or Direct Link tuning software is compatible with the 2008 - 2009 Buell DDFI system? In particular, I know  someone that has a 2008 Buell Ulysses that is looking for a tuning solution ... preferably one that does not use an add on fueler device.

eddfive

I have not tried it yet but I have been told that Direct link is released for 2008 and 2009 Buells.  I believe Vosselman Performance may have done the testing.

ederdelyi

Thanks for the reply. The owner of the Ulysses says that a Beta version of Direct Link was tried ... only thing that was reported was a "cannot recognize ECM" error message. I'll check it out further and report back if I find any new info.

FLTRI

Might want to the fellows themselves a call:
248-658-1800
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Vosselman

I haven't had a 2008/2009 Buell myself yet.

But download the latest version. Than connect to the Buell. If the ecm strategy is not recognized / unknown by DirectLink, it will download the ecu info to your pc. You will get a message to send that unknow file to TechnoResearch. They will convert the info and put it in DirectLink.
Netherlands / Europe

ederdelyi

>>But download the latest version. Than connect to the Buell. If the ecm strategy is not recognized / unknown by DirectLink, it will download the ecu info to your pc. You will get a message to send that unknow file to TechnoResearch. They will convert the info and put it in DirectLink.<<

Thank You. I will pass that on to the owner and we'll see what happens. Film at 11.

Steve Cole

While we do not have a product for the Buells at this time I can tell you that the 2008/2009 uses a complete new ECM from a different supplier. Things that work on the early Buell EFI will not work on these ECM's so that maybe the issue you are seeing.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Vosselman

Ederdelyi,

Talked to a dealer of mine and he tuned a 2008/2009 Buell today without problems.
Netherlands / Europe

FLTRI

Quote from: VosselmanPerformance on March 17, 2009, 10:17:38 AM
Ederdelyi,

Talked to a dealer of mine and he tuned a 2008/2009 Buell today without problems.

Not Ed, but great news!! What tuning system was used?
I've been looking for a good tuner for new Buells, especially the new 1125 model.
If it was Direct Link, do they offer it for sale yet?
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

ederdelyi

Vosselman:
Thanks, that is the feedback I'm getting as well.

Bob: It's Techno Research Direct Link, and yes, AFAIK the latest download/edition is the one that should cover the new Buell DDFI bikes. Haven't had a chance for hands on yet, just feedback from a pretty reliable source.

Vosselman

Netherlands / Europe