April 27, 2024, 02:36:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

'14 FLHR Headers

Started by theroadglide, June 12, 2014, 01:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theroadglide

I will be getting a new '14 FLHR in a few days. I plan on using my Power Vision Tuner with a second license. Once the auto-tune is complete the dealer will fine tune it on the dyno (his suggestion). I will use the 18 MM wide band sensors.

The dealer likes the Rinehart Slimline headers because they have both bungs. He likes the looks and the cross over (?)
too. I can get the Kuryakyn Crusher headers with both bungs for less than $400.00. For a bike that won't see any other engine modifications, is there an appreciable difference in the basic performance of the two? I am using SE Street Cannons to at least appear legal. I will spring for the extra $200 if there is a good reason to do so.

Thank you,
Stephen

saddle tramp

Kuryakyn Crusher headers have a true cross over, don't know about the  Rinehart Slimline headers.
if they just have a small tube connecting the two pipes I'd go with the Kury pipes.

joe_lyons

Both work well and doubt you would see much of a difference between the two.  Neither headpipe will look stock at all nor do the street cannons.......so?  I did a set of cannons with the V&H power duals and it was weird, I don't know how to describe it but it had what I could describe as a "farty" noise to it but mabie it was just that specific setup.?
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

theroadglide

Thank you for the replies. I will likely opt for the $200 savings. Joe, I'm not looking for a stock look as much as not advertising that the entire exhaust is modified. The Rinehart comes with a "laser etched logo". I know the sound that
you are describing. I hope they sound a little better than that. I'd love to have a set of the CFR's, but I just can't handle loud.

Thank you again for the input.

joe_lyons

. Hope you get the chrome cover.

theroadglide

Joe, it appears from looking at pictures of the two differrent headers that they are both independent duals. I was thinking from the way the dealer described the slimlines that there was some sort of connection between the front and rear pipe on the slimlines, but that doesn't appear to be the case, right?

Thanks again, for this and for all you contribute to this site.

theroadglide

I saw the other post asking about the VH Power Duals, and it reminded me of where I saw header pipes that appear to be connected. I assume the connection is at the "power chamber".

"More than just individual head pipes, Power Duals integrates an exclusive Vance & Hines Power Chamber hidden behind a contoured heat shield that generates more horsepower and torque than stock. - See more at: http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/touring/headers/16759#sthash.reqpvhSL.dpuf

Is this how the Slimline Rineharts are built? I watched the installation video on Youtube and it appears the front and rear are separate.

joe_lyons

theroadglide

Thank you  Joe, I really appreciate it. I'm going to go with what the Dealer/tuner likes based on what I see here.
He is right, the Rineharts do look pretty good.

redmtrckl

Another great option is the Fullsac X pipe and muffler re-core kit. Looks stock and works like a good 2-1  :up:
http://fullsac.com/product/oem-hi-flow-muffler-kit/
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!