May 06, 2024, 02:45:35 PM

News:

The Sky Is Falling!!!

Started by Upswept, March 10, 2009, 09:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

Quietly waiting for the Toyota is failing, going under, closing their doors, responses!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

RK101

They not only loose there Toyota job that they were faithful to for years, but they loose there Toyota house also. The company store and housing didn't work years ago and it still doesn't. Not to worry though there kids won't miss them to much in childwelfare. IMO the companys have to much control over there lives, there like puppets. The company pulls all the strings. It's not exactly what we hear in the states call freedom is it?
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Panzer

Sounds a tad like the sweat shops we had in the twentys and thirties.
Isn't that why we had unions in the USA?

It's looking like that again within the job market.
Jobs are scarce and now the employer can say to the new recruit, $6.50 and hour.......if you don't like it, go look elsewhere.
The employers have the upper hand once again........for now!
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

RK101

LOL Right you are Panzer. Many years ago I was going on vacation to Disney, My boss told me after he had known about it for 6 months that I couldn't go if I wanted to keep my job. I thought so this is how it's going to be. OK fair enough. Joined the Carpenters Union a couple days later went on Vacation  and never looked back. Now retired and life is good. :teeth:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

V24me

Quote from: Panzer on March 10, 2009, 01:54:11 PM
Sounds a tad like the sweat shops we had in the twentys and thirties.
Isn't that why we had unions in the USA?

It's looking like that again within the job market.
Jobs are scarce and now the employer can say to the new recruit, $6.50 and hour.......if you don't like it, go look elsewhere.
The employers have the upper hand once again........for now!

Right on Panzer,
This happened in the 80's as well.  Remember there are 2 ways for the rich to get richer. 
1) Increase your money compared to others
2)Decrease others money compared to yours

Recessions are orchestrated by super rich when they are in political power.  Layoffs lower wages by means of supply and demand.  Some companies even lay off just to hire back at lower wages.

ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

HDRDR

Its about time....for the USA to take advantage over the foreign markets....let them fail over there! and get us back where we should be....with import taxes for all of them, so the Americans will start buying are well made cars and trucks again.

I believe that's the only way we can get through all this....just speaking about the auto industry for starters. Just my 2

V24me

HDRDR,
You're right that foreign markets should be open to US products (many countries will let us buy their stuff and not sell any or limited amounts of US products).

BUT, remember that in the early '80's ALL of the BIG 3 US auto makers went to the govn't and asked for a Tarriff (tax on imports) so people would buy their cheaper cars until they would have time to re-tool and be able to compete with the more reliable, more fuel efficient autos coming from foreign countries.  Congress agreed and put a tarriff on imports and the VERY NEXT DAY, all three, Ford, GM, and Chrystler raised their prices to match the import prices.

Instead of putting money into better cars, they put money into a marketing program that touted 'BUY AMERICAN' and played on our patriotism to buy their crap - so consumers suffer and Richy Rich gets richer by screwing America (how patriotic of them)

F*** Them!!!

specialx1

but seriously how do you really feel  :potstir:
it's only kinky the first time

Dennis The Menace

...tick....tick.....tick.....

V24me

Sorry, I should have been more clear...."Which way to the wood shed?"   

specialx1

it's only kinky the first time

V24me

Yah, you should know too.  Remember, guilt by association.  And besides that    
:gob: :gob: :gob:

so there!

(  it only lets you post 3 smiley's  )

torque4me

Well I hate anyone suffering... that said....

untill we give corporations tax breaks ONLY when the products and materials are made and assembled here.... we will have issues!! If you make it over seas bring your checkbook to the border because those products will be taxed taxed taxed!

Yeah, put me in charge.... lets see... illegally here...free samsonite suitcase and 1 way ticket outta here anywhere that will take you.... flat tax on income- 20% for everybody and no writeoffs! No state income taxes! States get money from US taxes and sales taxes.... run a corporation into the ground and bonus yourself millions? Straight to that TENT Jail in Arizona after stopping at bank and giving $$ back....

We, the citizens need to scream...and NOT stop screaming because it is part our fault. Oh and those "earmarks" that they slip into "Bills passed" for pet projects ie: pay back for election favors???? Put in an earmark and lose an ear??

In case anyone was wondering....A whole lot of people sleep easier knowing I dont drink anymore!!!! LOL
Whew I feel better!
"what the heck do I know?"

Princess Butt

Torque, would that be a US made Samsonite?

Seriously, as an employer, and a government contractor, we see our share of people come thru the door looking for a job. We've developed a skills test, which is pretty basic. We'll go thru 100's of resume's just to get one employee, who might work out, might not. Right now, in Washington, the majority of people looking for work are the unemployable.

We've seen the work other companies in our field do for the Feds, and a lot of it is frighteningly bad. They're getting earmarks, and a lot of it. Handed out like candy.

I'm looking at the "stimulus" package and wondering how badly it's going to be spent. The more I look, the more I cringe. These aren't simple expenditures, like buying a fleet of cars, or buying a bunch of desks. Many of these are set up to be long term permanent "commitments". Not a good thing. It's all got to be paid for somehow.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are out of work now, and it's not getting better anytime soon. My sister is one of them, she lost her job to an illegal immigrant. The feds haven't raided the place..... yet.   :wink:

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

V24me

Torque,
+1  :up:

You've got my vote

torque4me

BnE... I know exactly your syphon through the wanna be's pain....

I am a painting contractor here in s calif. I , to be brief will say that the painters are so bad that its impossible to make a profit when you throw all the biz expenses like workmans comp. etc etc and pricing being driven down. Breaking even or losing money to keep UN-grateful employees working is ridiculous! Hell for excercise I go to the gym...

I am not bitter or angry...wasted emotions. Truth is...they wont change so I will... My fault is expecting that they will understand that they have to be responsible also.
so................
I stumbled upon a "REAL" network marketing product really works and as important it actually pays well!
OUT of MY MIND?? Heck no!! I wake up happier and way less stress and making residual money... no employees... spend $85 a month to make $1,000's...ah no brainer!

life is funny... and even funnier if I keep my mind open to new ideas as I get older!!!
"what the heck do I know?"