May 06, 2024, 07:01:32 AM

News:

Trikes

Started by Peckerhead, March 10, 2009, 10:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peckerhead

Anyone know if there is a section on HTT for Trikes.  Thinking about trading in for an E-Glide with the Roadsmith rear-end.  They look like they would be a great touring machine.
ONE DAY AT A TIME

willymax4

no trike section here , but it may be worth requesting.
RIDE LIKE HELL AND YOU'LL PROBABLY WIND UP THERE

Panzer

That's one of them thingys that you don't have to put the jiffy stand down isn't it?
I've heard about them.
What will they think of next?

Don't push........I'm going.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

jimrookie

I dont know anything about the Roadsmith, I would like to see the rear end
my wife had a DFT and that thing was great made the Leman look like an after thought
Kind of wish HD would have gone with the DFT style supension rather than the
stiff style

4DWUDS

How about sidecars, they dont need no stinking jiffy stand either
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

ThumperDeuce

Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

Dresser

I think a Trike section would be good. The new Tri-Glide seems to be popular plus there ought to be enough conversions to support it. That way I could get an idea of which one I want when I get old.

Peckerhead

Rossmeyer had a converted Road King, E-Glide, softail, and a Sporty.  I thought the best looking one was the E-glide conversion.  The Roadsmith rear-ends have independent suspension, Limited slip differentials, and CV joints.  Many of the parts can be replaced and an auto parts store or a volkswagon/Porshe dealership.  They claim that you can coner them pretty hard and they wont lift up.
ONE DAY AT A TIME

panhead_dan

Independent suspension and low center of gravity are key for a good handling trike.

I like trikes.

willymax4

March 11, 2009, 07:30:58 PM #9 Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:48:51 PM by willymax4
having never ridden a trike before, i would think that you'd lean into a turn with a conventional trike but the can am spyder must me a totally different animal as seen in the photo.
this rider's leaning the right way but the bike's leaning the opposit direction.
that would be hard to get used to.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
RIDE LIKE HELL AND YOU'LL PROBABLY WIND UP THERE