May 02, 2024, 09:23:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Sert vs PC 5 vs Thundermax?

Started by hotroadking, March 10, 2009, 01:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtnmotorrider

Yes, I have an '07 Road Glide currently running TMAT w/ Auto-tune.
I like most dogs better than most people.

Steve Cole

Just to keep everyone on the right track and keep the agenda out of this I have no problem with any of the aftermarket tuning systems, they all have there place. What I take issue to is the hype around a sensor that will not do what it has been made out to do. The manufacture spells it out and the real world has proved it out but yet some wish to say it's not so. You are not going to get an auto tune system to do it all, over the range and environment engines operate in today. The stock switching sensor is the most robust one out today and it works very well in the range it's designed for. That why our product uses it only with in it's proper operating range for testing. Once the VE are set properly the ECM will do the rest!

I'm sure that the sensor technology will change and then we may get to a point a full range auto tune can be done but for now it's just not there. Bosch released a LSU 4.9 and the CJ125 interface IC a few years back I believe and it's different that the LSU4.2 that most of these sytems use today. It's better than the 4.2 but still not good enough to do a full auto tune system yet.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

nc-renegade

Quote from: FLTRI on March 14, 2009, 08:09:45 AM
Quote from: nc-renegade on March 14, 2009, 07:19:48 AM
then lock down the base map as much as possible by limiting the tuning range that is acceptable.
In that case, where's the downside to simply putting the system into open loop and removing the sensors until the next change? No worries for misreading AFR and you would be saving the sensors from harmful environmental punishment.
Bob
PS- The above recommendation is exactly what most racing teams do as SOP.

I don't think there is anything wrong with doing that, except I believe there is value in letting the system adjust to variations in gasoline and other factors.  By keeping the adjustment locked down at 5% of base map, this achieves that objective.

Racing teams control as much of their environment and configuration as possible, including the gas.  If they remove wideband sensors, it probally is more due to the lead in the racing gas.....
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

Steve Cole

The reason Race teams leave them out is that they will completely fail during the racing. So rather than event take a chance any longer they just get removed.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

HDDOC

OK we have a bunch of indorsments for the T Max and the TTS but know one has anwered the PCV ?  Doc
2019 Tri Glide