May 05, 2024, 09:00:56 PM

News:

what paint on evo cases?

Started by flhpolice, March 10, 2009, 01:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flhpolice

i need to refresh my 94' FLHTP's cases.  what paint's the best? What about powder coating? Cases were orginally wrinckled black. Woul'd you recommend  HD canned wrincled black paint? Thanks for any input.

darrelbarrows

i powder coated mine and they came out sweet...Befor that though i used high temb paint and it held up fine and looked good

Bruno-Katz Fokkerpilot

Mines a `97 Fatboy, the cases were originally coated in "Texture" black, not "Wrinkle" over the years i`ve been touching up bits that have got scratched or flaked off with HD "Texture" black out of a rattle can. Its HD PART NO. 98606BF. Just make sure its a warm day and your engine is hot when you spray for the best results. Cover the parts you don`t want to paint with masking tape and old news papers.
Peace...those brief moments in history when everyone stands around reloading....

Mark222

I have done entire engines with both the wrinkle black and textured black from HD.  Get everything REAL clean and do it like they say, a good warm day and all.

5 yrs and 25K miles later and things still look good on the wrinkle motor.  I sold the other a couple yrs ago so I know not how it looks today.

Mark