April 26, 2024, 11:27:32 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

$$$

Started by gillysmi, March 10, 2009, 01:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gillysmi

What is a normal price to have bike dyno tuned?

Kevin

107" by Hyperformance
R&R St. 5 heads
R&R 615's & cam plate R&R roller rocker

Sonny S.

$80 - $100 hr or $400 flat rate

FLTRI

Quote from: gillysmi on March 10, 2009, 01:39:10 PM
What is a normal price to have bike dyno tuned?
I would never recommend paying by the hour. We charge flat rate $395 and guarantee satisfaction before paying the bill.  :up:
Bob Lobenberg
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Sonny S.

I would never recommend paying by the hour

:up: :up:

fuzznut5197

I got a question regarding time intervals on a dyno. I'm going next week to put my bike on a dyno, primarily for exhaust data. This is a "special request" use of the dyno and will be charged hourly. Now, I figure close to an hour is killed with setup/takedown. The exhaust tests that I want to do will physically take me only a couple of minutes for each change. So the question is, do I have to wait more than a couple of minutes between each run? I don't know if factors like heat-soaking or run setup come in to play. Just trying to minimize time and maximize data.

FLTRI

Typically you want to make back-to-back runs...one right after another till the power peaks, then starts back down. Then make a change and repeat.
HTH,
Bob

fuzznut5197

Thanks Bob. Another related question... 5th gear is 1:1 in the tranny, my 5th overall is 3.48 (od 6 speed). Will 3.48 lose a little compared to the usual 3.15?

FLTRI

Quote from: fuzznut5197 on March 11, 2009, 08:04:58 PM
Thanks Bob. Another related question... 5th gear is 1:1 in the tranny, my 5th overall is 3.48 (od 6 speed). Will 3.48 lose a little compared to the usual 3.15?
It is the driving of all the gears in the tranny where the bulk of parasitic losses come from rather than overall direct drive ratio differences.
I think I said that right. LOL!
Bob

wavlovr1

On an 09 six speed, what gears would be driving all the gears?

thanks, jb

FLTRI

Quote from: wavlovr1 on March 13, 2009, 08:43:01 AM
On an 09 six speed, what gears would be driving all the gears?

thanks, jb
1st thru 5th gears. 6th is 1:1

wavlovr1

Rider57

Quote from: fuzznut5197 on March 11, 2009, 04:15:53 PM
I got a question regarding time intervals on a dyno. I'm going next week to put my bike on a dyno, primarily for exhaust data. This is a "special request" use of the dyno and will be charged hourly. Now, I figure close to an hour is killed with setup/takedown. The exhaust tests that I want to do will physically take me only a couple of minutes for each change. So the question is, do I have to wait more than a couple of minutes between each run? I don't know if factors like heat-soaking or run setup come in to play. Just trying to minimize time and maximize data.
Add 15 minutes run time for the ecu to adapt unless you reset AFVs or initialize the map.
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.