Daytona Twin Tec TC88 questions

Started by hopcycle, March 11, 2009, 05:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopcycle

March 11, 2009, 05:40:59 AM Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:21:56 PM by hopcycle
Have the TC88 installed on a 95in, R&R STage 2 heads, T-man 625 cams, 10.5:1 KB pistons, Mikuni 45, 2" open pipes.  Have 500 miles or so on build and threw on dyno.  Disappointed and starting to tune carb, but also want to look at timing tables.  Hooked computer up to bike and finally got it to recognize the Dynatek module, but flipped over to the real time data view and it says no connection, check cable and try again?????  Getting frustrated with this ignition system.  Would anyone have a eeprom flash for a similar build they could send me to view.  Might help me understand this software.  Thanks, Hopcycle

05FLHTC

What year is your bike? Mine is 2005 & had to install the white jumper wire that comes with the ignition module to be able to communicate with it. Also verify port setup in both the software & in the device manager on your computer to assure they match.
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

hopcycle

05,  My bike is a custome build, but using the 99-03 wiring harness, motor started as an 01.  I think the jumper was required for the 04 up.  Verified the port.  Got covered up here at the shop and haven't had a chance to get back to it.  Did you modify motor on your 05?

05FLHTC

Yea spun the crank now running 103 darkhorse plugged welded balanced timken upgrade bottom end, S&S G, DTT custom map 10.8CR with Tman 625 cams. 3.37 final & V&H Propipe, huge grin factor. 115hp & 118Tq  :teeth:

05FLHTC