May 08, 2024, 01:09:54 AM

News:

WinPep 8 and power core

Started by harleytuner, July 04, 2014, 07:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytuner

Quote from: Gmr-Performance on July 11, 2014, 12:07:01 PM
No the dyno 02 sensor readings are extremely fast. No issues what so ever with both sensors on a WOT pull . The one thing I like the best so far is the brake is also reacting better. Meaning that it will not over shoot and will not pull down as aggressive.  Big engines small engines its much smoother , when other get the new system they will notice that right away,...I have always adjusted the PID factors for different builds with win 7 but with 8 its a night and day better. Thus far not touched the setting at all. Basic little builds and up to a stout 113 making over 130+tq.

I have been testing new software and been giving dyno jet updates on the items that I see. Much more is coming and they are fixing the little bugs daily.

I noticed that with the brake as well.  I like the Winpep8 brake much better. If you are using a load and loading RPM's you will have to run a higher gear or it will have a hard time keeping the bike at lower RPM's.  I.E. if you have the load set at, say, 1750 RPM and you are holding 7% throttle, you'll have to be in a higher gear, like 3rd or 4th.

Another thing people must remember, WinPep8 requires alot of computer memory.  A minimum of 4gb.  So if you don't have a newer fast computer and are thinking of making the switch you might want to budget a new computer into it.

Herko

Quote from: aswracing on July 05, 2014, 05:40:02 PM
But I would like to be able to make real time torque measurements for properly mapping ignition.
:up: Out of the box thinking for the typical HD performance paradigm. This will pay nice dividends.  :up:
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

HD/Wrench

The amount of add on items with 8 is impressive, I am looking forward to getting my fuel pressure kit hooked up and added with real time readings.

hrdtail78

Quote from: Herko on July 22, 2014, 02:12:59 PM
Quote from: aswracing on July 05, 2014, 05:40:02 PM
But I would like to be able to make real time torque measurements for properly mapping ignition.
:up: Out of the box thinking for the typical HD performance paradigm. This will pay nice dividends.  :up:

Been doing it with Winpep7 for a couple of years.
Semper Fi

Herko

Quote from: hrdtail78 on July 24, 2014, 09:29:06 AM
Been doing it with Winpep7 for a couple of years.
Yepper. WP7 or even WP6 for that matter. Just need the right accessories to measure the differences. Easier and faster when you have the tools to measure torque and change timing on the fly.   :wink:
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

HD/Wrench

You mean to say that you cannot use the stock timing table for every build. :hyst:

hrdtail78

I'm sure live tuning with flash base tuners would be a welcome feature.
Semper Fi

BVHOG

Tuned two bikes last weekend at Hyperformance on his new dyno with the power core system, I thought it worked well but I don't see enough just yet that makes me want to go out and spend a few grand for the changeover. Biggest problem I had was his damn wireless mouse, I have a cord on mine and keep it on my right thigh while tuning,must have dropped his on the floor a dozen times, lol
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

joe_lyons

I may have to go visit Randy and give it a go.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

harleytuner

Like anything else, the more I used it the better it got.  The only problem I have with it no is when you are tuning with a Power Vision you have to completely shut the power core software down when loading a MAP in the vision.  They are apparently working on fixing this issue.  I'm no longer at Roeders, I left last week.  As some of you know I purchased a dyno 250i and am setting up shop in Fredericksburg Virginia.  I'll be looking at updating my dyno to Power Core in the future, but it's a money thing.  I have to get up and running and my shop turning a profit before I can justify spending more money right now.

joe_lyons

Patrick told me to wait until this winter to get it because of bugs and the learning curve.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

kjd

We set our new trike dyno up with the win pep8.
I love the dual o2 sensors for expediting tuning with less runs.
I do notice that the software has a tendency to lock the lap top up after making a run  and the dyno graph looks like a bunch of squiggly lines.We are improving the grounds on the dyno to hopefully help with this.I checked to drum speed pick up and it is working fine and the tachometer is working correctly too.

harleytuner

Quote from: Jds on April 30, 2015, 03:59:32 AM
We set our new trike dyno up with the win pep8.
I love the dual o2 sensors for expediting tuning with less runs.
I do notice that the software has a tendency to lock the lap top up after making a run  and the dyno graph looks like a bunch of squiggly lines.We are improving the grounds on the dyno to hopefully help with this.I checked to drum speed pick up and it is working fine and the tachometer is working correctly too.

Winpep8 Is a memory hog. You need a minimum of 4gb of memory, preferably 5 for it to run properly. I can't comment on the sguiggly lines, we never had that problem when we started using it at the shop I used to work for.