April 26, 2024, 11:32:18 PM

News:

Another rider from Pa

Started by Big Ed, March 11, 2009, 02:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Ed

HELLO......... I've been surfing this site and lurking for a little bit.
I'm from central Pa. Been riding since the mid 60's. Bought my first HD in 1970, it was a 1960 pan. At the moment I have 3 shovels and do my own wrenching.

:duel:

mark61

Hi there Big Ed! Welcome to the forum. Where about do you call home? I am in Lewistown. Still got that pan?

mark61

Big Ed

Quote from: mark61 on March 12, 2009, 07:10:58 AM
  Hi there Big Ed! Welcome to the forum. Where about do you call home? I am in Lewistown. Still got that pan?

mark61

Naaa, the pans been long gone.  :bf:

I live near Bloomsburg in Columbia county. I get my parts from Bill's Custom Cycles.
Do you in live in Union or Schuylkill county ?

http://www.billscustomcycles.com/

mark61

Mifflin County. I try to make it up your way for the Tri-County Toy run that starts at the Cracker Barrel in Novemeber. Used to do the GCMT every year but aint been there for quite a while due to keeping busy with ABATE events. If I lived nearer Bill"s they would have to kick me out at closing time! Great place! Always has been for the -gee is it going on 30 years I been going there?!?  You got some nice roads heading north once you get outa town there.
   There was some talk on another thread bout having a Pa. meet again this year.

mark61

Big Ed

I usual go on the tri county abate toy run from the Cracker Barrel in Catawissa also. Didn't make it this yr.

I usaually go to the GMC when they have the run, but I only go for the braskfast then head over to Knoebels to check out all the scooters.
I just was up Bill's today to pick up parts for my 69. A one stop shopping for old iron parts. Just walking in Bill's shop is mind boggling let alone his museum.

Here's a few links to Bill's.

http://www.billsbikebarn.com/

http://www.billscustomcycles.com/

TooLow

Welcome to the site Big Ed.  Another central PA rider here.  From millersburg.[a little south of Sunbury] Yep, been to Bills, and checked out the barn. Went up a few times to the Quaker Stake & Lube for bike night. A few years ago it drew in a large crown, went up this last summer and hardly anyone.  We also come up to Bloomsburg for the Cruise In car show for the hospital. [Take my elcamino not the bike though]   As Mark said there are a few members here and ofer at OFOPOS  talking about getting together maybe sometime this spring.  Maybe catch ya around somewhere. TooLow.

Big Ed

TooLow,  Thats a nice ride down 147 along the river. I went to the Quaker Steak and Lube at Buckhorn a few times for bike night to check out some old iron, out of about 400 scooters maybe about 8 old iron .  :dgust:
Sounds like  plan about getting together this spring.

Reddog74usa

Welcome to HTT I used to ride my 59 Pan up to Central bout every other weekend just off 187 I think. haven't bin to Bill's since the remod on the building.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Big Ed

Quote from: Reddog74usa on March 14, 2009, 07:23:51 AM
Welcome to HTT I used to ride my 59 Pan up to Central bout every other weekend just off 187 I think. haven't bin to Bill's since the remod on the building.

Thanks Reddog.
Actually I live near Bloomsburg, I just used central as center of Pa.
I know where Central is, been there a few times. It's just off rt 118. I can also get there riding up rt 487 threw Benton and taking a backroad crossing rt 118 to get to Central.

mark61

Central===Centraila? As in underground fire area?

mark61

Big Ed

Quote from: mark61 on March 15, 2009, 06:20:06 AM
  Central===Centraila? As in underground fire area?

mark61

Yep, There's about only 7 families left living in Centralia.  :duel:

Here's something that'll explain the story behind the Centralia's mine fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHfnp2czZQ&feature=related

grandpa tom

Choose wisely, not foolishly, sometimes we have to do it right the first time